UBI035 C-jeff — Preschtale

C-jeff

Hello, OCRemix! I just released my new solo album. It is almost 40-minutes full of progressive rock/metal influences from Yes and Pink Floyd to Dream Theater and Planet X! It is Pay-what-you-want, so enjoy the music, and Happy New Year!

---

54.jpg

I found my true north in the land of shining stars,

I'm moving on my way from morning Earth to evening Mars.

I'm rising through the silence of Mother Universe,

And faith in God that helps me keep my inner force.

Software used:

Open ModPlug Tracker, Plogue Chipsounds, Native Instruments FM8, DSK ThoR, Vember Audio Surge, Apple Logic Pro, tons of various chip samples

Special thanks to:

My lovely family, Samuel Ascher-Weiss, Sergey Mukhorin & Digt, Isak Halling, Ken Snyder, Steven Velema, Jake & Kristina Kaufman, Jeffrey Roberts & Open Circuit, Kyle Crouse & KNGI, Mikhail Ivanov, Oleg Nikitin, Andrey Tselishev, Vyacheslav Kalinin, Alexander Matchugovsky, Vladimir Tugay, Sergey Kosov, Jimmy Hinson, Audun Sørlie & originalsoundversion.com, 8bit.fm staff, Jay & Christine Tholen, Frank Martin, Dave Harris, John Tiberio, Nils Feske, Blake Troise, Rich Vreeland, all my friends who I have forgotten to mention and to all of you who supporting me through my music! Enjoy the album, and Happy New Year!

1. Preschtale, Part 1 (1:55)

2. Preschtale, Part 2 (10:24)

3. Preschtale, Part 3 (5:44)

4. Preschtale, Part 4 (10:04)

5. Preschtale, Part 5 (2:41)

6. Preschtale, Part 6 (6:36)

7. Preschtale, Part 7 (1:47)

"Preschtale, Part 2" - guitars - Danimal Cannon (Daniel Behrens)

Artwork by Junkboy (Markus Toivonen)

Mastered by Megus (Roman Petrov)

All Other Credits to C-jeff (Dmitry Zhemkov)

© All rights reserved.

Grab it at Bandcamp, it's pay-what-you-want!

http://c-jeff.bandcamp.com/album/preschtale

http://ubiktune.org/releases/ubi035-c-jeff-preschtale

Anyone who likes prog rock needs to buy this.

Truly excellent stuff. LOVED the syncopation and jazz/funk influences in parts of Part 4 I believe it was. Only listened through everything once; need to listen more.

Out of curiosity, how much time would you say it took you to complete this album? I always wondered how people put together long prog rock songs/albums... do you just add on to the song as you go; do you have a clear idea of different places you want to get to and kind of fill things in to get from here to there; or something else entirely?

Anyone who likes prog rock needs to buy this.

Truly excellent stuff. LOVED the syncopation and jazz/funk influences in parts of Part 4 I believe it was. Only listened through everything once; need to listen more.

Out of curiosity, how much time would you say it took you to complete this album? I always wondered how people put together long prog rock songs/albums... do you just add on to the song as you go; do you have a clear idea of different places you want to get to and kind of fill things in to get from here to there; or something else entirely?

Thanks much, guys!

I was working on it for about half-a-year, primarily by evenings, not regularly, so it is quite hard to determine the total time I spent. I should count it more accurately next time :)

The way I was writing this album was something new for me. When with Konami I just wanted to create a few songs, where one goes to another via transitions, with Electric I used to write as far as get with ideas to continue the song, this time I thought about some kind of more structured piece initially. Using one main theme, that I variate through the album here and there and general harmonies I wanted to emphasize it especially.

So, originally it was supposed to do a few pretty heavy epic songs (Part 2, Part 4, Part 6 as now), one slow song (Part 3), something-like-bridge (Part 5), intro (Part 1) and epilogue titles (Part 7). The way I was writing epics itself, of course, was one way or another similar to the ones I made for Electric, but this time I tried to did it more "completed", like intension's increasing through the song or some references. Oh, I also should mention, that at first I planned to make a 20-minutes song out of Parts 2 and 4, but then changed my mind. Probably this is task for my next take :)

• 5 months later...