Mouse for audio editing

So, I'm getting tired of the wonky mouse that's on my audio machine. This particular computer is pretty much only used for recording and such and I'm wonderful if there's a mouse out there that'd be geared towards this specific task or if I should just get something more typical. I've been using a Microsoft mouse for so long, though. Maybe I should just stick with that? Suggestions are welcome!

So, I'm getting tired of the wonky mouse that's on my audio machine. This particular computer is pretty much only used for recording and such and I'm wonderful if there's a mouse out there that'd be geared towards this specific task or if I should just get something more typical. I've been using a Microsoft mouse for so long, though. Maybe I should just stick with that? Suggestions are welcome!

I have a 2005 Dell Mouse and I love it.

It's old and fugly but it's pretty accurate.

Get something wired.mouse4.jpg

Has anybody here tried a trackball, and is it good for detail work like audio editing and MIDI note dragging?

I've seen many professional studios use trackballs. Probably about half of the one's I've walked into.

End of the day, I think it comes down to user preference. A mouse certainly won't make your music sound better, it's just a matter of what is comfortable to you.

I have a Razer Naga ( http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900/categoryId.54536600 ) and while it may be overpriced I don't know any other mouse that has 17 buttons :D After a day or two, you have most of the buttons assigned to functions in your browser, OS or of course in your DAW and don't want to miss them anymore.

Rockin' that mouse too. It may be marketed as an MMO mouse, but I stepped up my FPS game considerably with it. *highfive*

It's also pretty accurate provided you're not using a dark surface.