Audio Engineering: A Tribute to Cid - History

Mirby

So it turns out that the instruments I wanted to use weren't working for my track. Plus I don't think my alternative idea would fit this album. As a result, I'm pulling out of the project for now and will work on the other idea on my own.

PabloComa, feel free to take my place. Look forward to this album!

Yes, try your idea first. As I said earlier I will not begin to work on that song immediately, and in any case FFXIV Cid song is great, so please don't give up because I put an "option" on FFII Cid ;)

Maybe I'll take FFXIV even if you leave anyway.

Well since Legends of the Crystals Cid was just FF5 Cid's brain, it doesn't really count (yes, I've seen LotC).

As for Dr. Sid or Unlimited Cid, if you want to remix those themes feel free. They'll have to be bonus tracks, though, due to not being game only.

That said, themes for KH Cid (even though that's just AU FF7 Cid), Rudra no Hihou Cid, DQ Heroes Ducktor Cid, Lost Odyssey Sed, and Imaginary Range Cid are remixable too.

That's the extent of it. If they're on that Cid page I linked in the OP, I'll allow a remix. It's just that TSW Sid and FFU Cid aren't from games, and thus their remixes (if any) would be delegated to bonus track status.

Hey, I'm not gonna discriminate against any Cid. :P

Apologies for the double post, but a) it's been over 24 hours since my last post and B) there's only 3 main-entry Cids left to claim! As such, I've added two ADDITIONAL sources to each of the remaining three. Pick one, pick them all, whichever you want. They are just there to add more options, just as with the side-entry Cids. :3

You realize I was accepting any idea. Plus, I'd like to keep it to single appearances for mixers, to have more variety. :3

I really want to hear that alternative idea now... XD

I was not too confident before, but now that you mention it...

Alright fine I'll work the alternative. I have to start somewhere. Might as well be a simple source such as this.

Sat down to work on the Cid theme for the first time today... Quite a refreshing break from spending the last week knee deep in the soul destroying discordance of Ganondorf's theme in wind waker. I've a rough structure drawn out and some rough instruments assigned for the very first few bars...

Still new to the idea of remixing, but fingers crossed :lol:

Okay, now that I've finished setting them up...

All project discussion is to be at the temporary project boards. I say temporary because I will be seeking KNGI boards for this once Kyle gets settled at home again. But in the meantime, we actually have somewhere to work on this.

Edited by Mirby

That means a lot, LegendaryFrog! Thank you!

Also, though there's just under 3 months to go until the deadline, that doesn't mean I'd like you to procrastinate until April 5th.

Please work on your tracks and send me a WIP as soon as y'all can. I would greatly appreciate it! :3

Also, if you haven't registered over at that KNGI forums, please go and do so.

It's not just for my project; there could easily be more projects down the road hosted there, so register now to make things simpler for the future!

Edited by Mirby

I have a buttload of mixes to do, many of which need to be finished asap. And a lot I have been signed on for months and months and have produced nothing yet. My priorities are a little whack in that regard, but I imagined I'd be working so much faster than I am now. The most I've done recently are a couple one hour compos, and some favors for people.. now I have to work on the Wily compo thing. Anyway sorry to vent in your thread. Gimme my ocr blog djp :cry: