FF6 Remix Project -- 2 Week Extension

Jason Covenant

I'm definitely for Orchestral.

Kefka's Theme is really geared towards fat and chunky sounding brass and cellos +timpani.

At least in my head it is har har har.

Also:

Prophecy I had a pretty good idea.

What if we mixed Live recorded strings with your sequenced ones and could create a neat little unique sounding ensemble?

I'm trying to think of lines in my head at the moment. But production wise, i could probably write sheets using overture and send them to whomever will play the live strings and to you as well.

Just an idea, but would maybe have some interesting results!

I'm gonna spend a little time seeing what Ideas for song structure I can hear in my so I can write it in my song planner as well.

Darkesword will totes destroy us all.
When he realizes what's been going on here, yeah he might. ;P
Now post your mix, Dj Mokram.
Friendly warning before a mod tells you himself: you're not supposed to post wips or organize your project in a recruitment thread. Only recruit.
You are right, my unreliable tendencies are not good qualities.
You're admitting of your own accord not being reliable. I have nothing else to add here.
If the pm is accidentally deleted in the process, then I might as well have never received it
Nothing is 'accidentally' deleted. You've powered the computer and clicked on the mouse. You've made the concious decision of deleting it.

Please stop trying to put that in a way that would exonerate you from all responsibilities.

Actually, if it's in the sitemap for the host it could've been a crawler from a search engine. Or, you could have listened to it again.
See? You're treating people like imbeciles again. These files are private and accessible via a link known only by the owner and recipient.

You should know since you've got an account here with which you've accessed the file before.

As for suggesting I am senile and don't even remember what I do in front of a computer, that's just priceless. :lol:

If I listened to it and hated it like you claimed, one really has to wonder why I'd keep listening to it.
My exact words were: "if it isn't to your liking". Go ahead and check it, I've never used the word 'hated'.

Twisting another person's words is the mark of those favoring manipulation and games of influence.

Post it here, and I will give a thorough review. [...] I hope you will eventually take me up on this.
No, I won't, because again: this is a recruitment thread. See above for details.

I do however am tired of all the drama, so I might simply resend the wip to your PM box.

Please be considerate enough not to 'accidentally' delete it this time. Thanks.

>disconnecting drama mode in 3...2...1

/drama mode OFFLINE

It doesn't matter whether you've had no mixes posted, 1 mix posted, a handful pending or even a triple CD Greatest Hits album worth of mixes on the site; I will still treat every person equally when it comes to giving feedback.
Now THAT is the kind of mind set that makes for a great collaborative project. :)

Just don't attack me when all I was trying to do was help.

Dear Mirby, how in the world could this sentence:

Friendly warning before a mod tells you himself: you're not supposed to post wips or organize your project in a recruitment thread. Only recruit.

be interpreted as a personal attack? :dstrbd:

I'm offering a friendly advice because, from my personal experience having a thread in this section and watching other's too, you'll most likely get a warning (and in worst case a thead lock) if you guys continue posting wips and discussing this project in depth. That's not a trheat, it's a fact.

This is what the 'Projects' forums is for, once you get approval to migrate there. For more details, simply consult the thread history or ask a mod directly.

Other than that, this is a perfectly civil conversation and that is why, for the sake of not derailing this any further, I've put a stop to unecessary drama.

I politely invite you to do the same if you care at all about the well being of this project. Sincerest apologies if your feelings have been hurt in the process.

Directing an album is hardwork, even moreso with a fan favorite like FFVI. Prophecy has to cope with certain disabilities, so I've gotta cut him some slack.

Whether or not I'll even end up being part of this project is another story, for only Jason and Bev hold the answer to that.

But for now, out of respect for everyone involved, I'll keep my interactions to PM and never question directors motivations again.

Good luck to all, and I'm looking forward to the result. :)

Tracklist is updated. I'm really loving the wip's I've been hearing so far guys, keep it up!

Whether or not I'll even end up being part of this project is another story, for only Jason and Bev hold the answer to that.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that. If you mean that we wouldn't allow you -- of course you can still be on the project. One of the main goals of this project is inclusion. Just send in your wip and I'll be happy to look at it. If you are concerned about using the pm system because of recent events, I have skype and AIM contacts listed in my profile. Skype is preferred. I may not always see messages right away, but I will definitely see them and respond to them. This goes for anyone else. Feel free to contact me on Aim or Skype.

you'll most likely get a warning (and in worst case a thead lock) if you guys continue posting wips and discussing this project in depth.

I've talked to mods about this project and the subject has never come up. But, I will ask just to be sure. I certainly wouldn't want for us to go outside of site guidelines. Besides, we're working on getting our own forums, so this thread is primarily for recruitment. I've sent Kyle a pm and I'll let you guys know how that pans out. KNGI would be ideal since I know many of you already have accounts there and have used the forums before. If that doesn't work out for some reason, I can very easily set up some forums myself.

I'm definitely for Orchestral.

Kefka's Theme is really geared towards fat and chunky sounding brass and cellos +timpani.

At least in my head it is har har har.

I want to avoid making it too orchestral since that's how the original is. I'm guilty of wanting to use brass in basically everything, so I'm trying not to use it, or at least not overuse it in this one. I think you're right though about an orchestral intro. I'm just trying to think of how to lead it into the rest of the song.

Also:

Prophecy I had a pretty good idea.

What if we mixed Live recorded strings with your sequenced ones and could create a neat little unique sounding ensemble?

I'm trying to think of lines in my head at the moment. But production wise, i could probably write sheets using overture and send them to whomever will play the live strings and to you as well.

Just an idea, but would maybe have some interesting results!

That is a good idea. I'm sure you know a lot of other talented musicians for that sort of thing. I was trying to think of people that play strings myself, and I remembered I know a couple of local people. I don't know if it's practical, but I'll see if I can get some recordings from them.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that. If you mean that we wouldn't allow you -- of course you can still be on the project.

No, it simply means that the only ones who can decide whether someone is allowed on a project are the directors, and nobody else.

Sorry if the syntax was misleading, there was no ill-will intended here sir. :)

I've talked to mods about this project and the subject has never come up. But, I will ask just to be sure. I certainly wouldn't want for us to go outside of site guidelines.

Here are a few posts from Darke that should hopefully clarify things:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php?p=821248&postcount=82

http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php?p=714058&postcount=22

http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php?p=714056&postcount=19

http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php?p=683623&postcount=23

Best bet would be to contact him or another mod directly to make sure what's allowed. Hope this helps. ;-)

Well whatever the case, I still think we should get a private forum on KNGI

I need to post WIPS and discuss stuff about the song with people(especially if we are going to Collab). As well help others when and if applicable.

Especially if i'm going to get my arrangement 50% done by the 19th.

Maybe this is just me, but if we're planning to do vocals for the aria tracks, wouldn't it make sense to lump them all together so the styles match, as well as singers?

I'm not sure if i'm getting this, but generally if people are gonna do Aria it would make sense to have Consistency in every area.

When you think of the original soundtrack in the game. There are 0 inconsistencies in sound quality nor in production of the songs.

And I think that especially needs to hold true for Aria which in the game is a lot of songs melded into one giant masterpiece.

But if it's done well, the end result could be magnificent!

Though it's hard to beat this version, which is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNilFsGGV8

Well whatever the case, I still think we should get a private forum on KNGI

I need to post WIPS and discuss stuff about the song with people(especially if we are going to Collab). As well help others when and if applicable.

Especially if i'm going to get my arrangement 50% done by the 19th.

I'm not sure if i'm getting this, but generally if people are gonna do Aria it would make sense to have Consistency in every area.

When you think of the original soundtrack in the game. There are 0 inconsistencies in sound quality nor in production of the songs.

And I think that especially needs to hold true for Aria which in the game is a lot of songs melded into one giant masterpiece.

But if it's done well, the end result could be magnificent!

Though it's hard to beat this version, which is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNilFsGGV8

Yea, it's hard to beat The Black Mages at remixes. Either way, I know I'd want to be in on that if the arrangers decide to incorporate vocals (hint hint, Metal Man and Jason) ;-)

I plan on having opera-ish vocals for Aria de Mezzo Carattere. 1 male, 1 female, just like the original. The primary notational changes will be in the accompaniment. I intend on using breakbeat/dnb elements.

Like I said, I'd love to contribute my voice. Just send me a message if you'd like me to so we can figure it out. ^_^