FF6 Remix Project -- 2 Week Extension

Jason Covenant

Tidy up the breakdown a bit and I'm assuming that at about 1:13 you're basing that melody off of the third movement and it's dissonance.

While this is excellent. I still feel that it's too consonant. It sounds too pleasant for this kind of feel that you're going for.

Overall however, I feel it's a little bit too coverish and needs a bit more variation from the source tune.

NO (Resubmit)

Ok, tracklist is updated. Let me know if I missed anything so I can fix it. Also, Metal Man, PabloComa has dropped his claim to the track so I've put you down for it since you also expressed interest.

I'm going to treat 2 week claims as half a phase. So deadlines will be dates like 2-1-12, 2-15-12, etc.

You shouldn't post WIPs in the Project Thread, it decreases the chance of this becoming an official OCR Project. PM the directors or wait untill we get our forums at KNGI

I have talked to DarkeSword and he has confirmed that only recruiting (for projects) is allowed in Recruit & Collab for projects. So, we will definitely need forums. Everyone's still coming down from Magfest right now, so I'm going to give it some more time to see if we can get forums at KNGI. If that doesn't happen for some reason I have already set up some forums -- they just need to be enabled to be used. KNGI is preferred though, since some people already have logins there.

Just finally got home from MAGFest. Yeah, if you need both of my wips by the first, I'm going to have to drop. I've got tracks to do for other people that I've had on my list for months. Sorry.

Having said that, these are mixes I was planning to do anyway, so they'll still be made either way.

Hey, no worries. I was surprised to see you claim in the first place since I know you've got a pretty full plate of stuff to do. Let me know when you have the time, and I'd be more than happy to have you on the project. Besides, you've already made an important contribution in steering Bonkers over here. ;)

Yeah, I felt like I would come home from MAGFest and blow through stuff like mad, but until that actually happens it's not too responsible to keep piling on too much stuff, especially stuff like a 15 minute Dancing Mad. But if you're cool with being a little more patient with me and not being too strict on me deadline-wise, I can still do it, especially if I get stuff done, but I think the 1st is too soon. :-o

Seriously? I didn't see any announcement... unless it's a private project run by the elite & friendz, and closed to public?

That'd be pretty douchey toward Prophecy and everyone here who started working on their tracks already. :whatevaa:

Not exactly douchey. It's probably been in the works for months if not longer. It was a private project.

They made a new policy about private projects to keep this from happening again. The game(s) that private projects are working on will now be visible to the public. You won't know who's running it, the theme, who's working on it, etc - just the game(s) involved.

Seriously? I didn't see any announcement... unless it's a private project run by the elite & friendz, and closed to public?

That'd be pretty douchey toward Prophecy and everyone here who started working on their tracks already. :whatevaa:

It's in the NEW POLICY sticky in the Community forum.

It's also been in the works for a couple of months now.

It's probably been in the works for months if not longer.
It's also been in the works for a couple of months now.

For months? :dstrbd:

Then why let Prophecy run his project for nearly 2 weeks (and people work on remixes) before deciding to reveal it?

Whoever runs this private show just made a mockery out of everyone here, which is pretty rude tbh.

Then why let Prophecy run his project for nearly 2 weeks (and people work on remixes) before deciding to reveal it?

Whoever runs this private show just made a mockery out of everyone here, which is pretty rude tbh.

To be fair to those in charge, MAGfest was last week where the majority of the OCR staff attended and it takes quite a bit of time preparing for events like that. Throw on top of that the fact that they have personal lives, new years was the week before, Christmas the week before that, etc.

Sure, it sucks. I was on the project and looking forward to being part of it. But to call people douches or to imply that they intended to make a mockery of everyone here is not really called for.

Just keep working on your track, you obviously chose it because you wanted to do it. It just won't end up on the project.

Let's not let this turn into a flame war. I don't think this was done with the intent of harming anyone, though I do agree that private, exclusive projects are not in the best of tastes.

I'm discussing things with the other project director. I'm sure some reasonable arrangement can be reached. What is definitely off the table is abandoning this project. The other project is exclusive and formed in secret.

I wanted to do the opposite with this project because I feel that is more in the spirit of OCR's mission. Anyone can submit a track to ocr. Even if you are rejected, the judges will provide critiques. There are forums dedicated to the purpose of critique and growth as musicians. I wanted to have a project that would reflect that. Some of you didn't think I went far enough in this regard, and so the rules were changed to make them better.

Once some sort of arrangement is reached with the other project director, we will have forums. I have talked to Kyle, he's ready when we are. There's no reason to abandon the work done for this project or to think it can't still be a huge success.

To be fair a few members of staff (myself included) were getting annoyed by not being able to tell these guys about those projects. It just takes a week or two to talk about it and decide if we need a new policy or not. Combine that with magfest taking up everyones time, I think they responded reasonably quickly for something like this without precedent.

To be fair a few members of staff (myself included) were getting annoyed by not being able to tell these guys about those projects. It just takes a week or two to talk about it and decide if we need a new policy or not. Combine that with magfest taking up everyones time, I think they responded reasonably quickly for something like this without precedent.

Hey, no worries. As far as I'm concerned, that's in the past now and things are in the open. I'd like to deal with how things are, not how they were. I'm sure this will be resolved shortly and we'll all move forward with awesome ff6 remixes.