The PCReMix Initiative ~ Let's put the PC in OC ReMix!

Archangel

I hope they gave him a good idea of how much more source usage he needs. Flex is the last person I'd expect to get a NO :puppyeyes:

Speaking of which, does any1 have a link to the track?? I'd love to hear it Mike :D

Ask and you shall receive! Here, have an FLP file. It's also on my Soundcloud somewhere.

Honestly, I don't plan on resubbing it, as it was meant more as a technical exercise than anything else. I still think it's a sick track and it tends to find its way into all my DJ sets (including MAGFest upcoming, if you're there!), but I don't really feel the need to add more source. That said, it'll probably also be on my next album, so it's not going to be forgotten by any means!

Officially, it's an original track that's inspired by Starcraft. ;-)

Edited by Flexstyle

Just curious, how does that work out as far as licensing is concerned? I know OCR will say one thing (NO) but lawyers might say (YES) ;-)

Well as far as I'm aware, didn't OCR win several lawsuit attempts against them? Ask the Pretzel :tomatoface:

-sorry to butt in, couldn't resist =p

Ask and you shall receive! Here, have an FLP file. It's also on my Soundcloud somewhere.

Honestly, I don't plan on resubbing it, as it was meant more as a technical exercise than anything else. I still think it's a sick track and it tends to find its way into all my DJ sets (including MAGFest upcoming, if you're there!), but I don't really feel the need to add more source. That said, it'll probably also be on my next album, so it's not going to be forgotten by any means!

Officially, it's an original track that's inspired by Starcraft. ;-)

Haha, is this an invitation for another collab?? Anyhoo, I'll take a look into this. Also, I understand that why you wouldn't want to resub. You wouldn't alter your baby to suit someone else's needs if you liked it the way it is :3

Cool idea for the album add.

EDIT

Wow...16 patterns for the drums alone. Talk about dedication :D

EDIT 2

Yeah I kinda see how the J's had a hard time finding the source in here. I had a difficult time too - still, it's pretty swag. Nice work Mike ;)

Edited by HoboKa

• 2 weeks later...
I thought you guys were taken to court before, by like SquareEnix =/ ...or was that handled outside of court?

You're probably thinking of the issue with the Balance & Ruin kickstarter? While I don't know the details, that fortunately was never a lawsuit (so there was nothing that had to be "settled") -- they just worked something out, and restarted the kickstarter. KF

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know there was a massive bump just now but are we still doing this? I've noticed the lack of Touhou remixes (that series is full of fantastic melodies and almost always played on Windows) on OCRemix (note that Touhou remixes are abundant on Youtube) and that bothers me. So I've decided to do a remix of "Sepette for the Dead Princess" (AKA Remilia Scarlet's theme) from Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and the composer is known simply as Zun. I'm going for a Gothic party feel (if that makes sense) and I'm calling it "Bloody Party" (because she's a vampire).

Original track (possibly)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...