New Year's Resolutions Thread 2012 Edition

zircon

-Save up for MAG successfully

-Beat 10 games

-Clear my album backlog and don't fall behind again

-Be more responsible (alt. Grow the fuck up)

I'm really working on the last one, and it feels good to actually do that. :3

Lessee...

-Yes I did!

-Definitely did that

-Does wiping it instead of actually clearing it count as success?

-Well I'd like to think the death of my friend became a big motivator for this, and I have become more responsible... I mean, I'm going to school next semester and taking care of all my business

ooh not bad :3

Two things up the top of my head: to finally get past the panel with something other than a collab/piano solo (which due to what I learnt in the Wily Gauntlet things may happen yet), and to progress to moving independently (may help me with some of my mother's entitlement issues rubbing off on me o_O).

Outside of there, I'm game to keep contributing for 2012... providing no major catastrophes happen :wink:

1 - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! :mrgreen:

2 - Still living under my parents' roof though, but I have been getting in touch with some of the housing agencies. Definitely something that may not happen right away, but I'm getting there.

In an added bonus, 2 weeks after the New Year I started to tackle another problem - my weight. Started visiting the gym, walking more and paying more attention to exactly what's in what I've been eating.

And as a result, this year I lost over 60 pounds! (before | after) I'm still a little bit overweight though, but I shall keep this up for 2013! :D

1. Finish my university degree

2. Starting my own business

3. Continuing my work-out efforts to regain the weight I had when I started my stay at university

3. Trying to get nearer to an OCRemix Level

4. Perhaps write my own synth plugin

1. Not completely finished but close.

2. Check. I just finished my first freelancing job

3. Check, I'm not yet there, but I'm good on my way.

3. Dunno if I should check this, but I think I've been getting better throughout the year.

4. Didn't even come close.

I generally don't do "New years resolutions" but there're some things I'd like to do in the next year:

* continue going to the gym, finally get a sixpack (which is not beer)

* go out more often

* get a girlfriend

* learn how to play the flute

* be there for my frinds

* get more involved in some communities (like this one)

These are not ordered or complete...

Cheers, NinjaN

Learn more music theory - Learn more on electrical engineering - Start to learn italian and be able to read it well - Become a better person, swear less and listen more - Lose 25 pounds, become handsome again and go back to gym - Learn a few new tricks with C and write a few useful things - Also stop fast food and actually eat what's left in the fridge - Get better on guitars and get awesome at production.. audio & video - Make a couple more tunes for an album and at least another one for an OCR album - Stop buying alcohol other than for events Stop sugar and reduce my meat consumption by half - Mario Bros with the sound of my thumb in some bottles of beer.

Learned how to construct chords. Learned a lot of EE things, fuck Italian, well fuck me being polite I'll try next year but I'm better, I lost something like 15 pouds and enough to be under 200 for the first time in 4 years, did learn and program new things, still have a hard time with the fridge but definatly eat less fast food if we exclude subway, still shit on guit and production but understand new things and have new goals, started recording my 4-to-7 yrs old metal demo and wrote down some new ideas for an acoustic project, didn't work for anything OCRish except that Megaman contest, reduced sugar a lot and alcohol a lot, did the mario video. Oh and well still can't play drums.

Typically I don't like make resolutions because when I plan, my plans usually go to shit even if things end up well in the end, but eh, I'll go for it this year.

- Get back in shape cardio-wise (no particular weight goals, I just want to run more than a 50 yards without getting a tad winded and such)

- Get myself a new computor and some specific tools to go with it.

- Graduate from college, finishing my last semister with flying colors.

- Get a new place to live that doesn't have an angry crazy neighbor yelling at the sky gods and ex-husbands every so often.

- Reorganize my house and get rid of stuff I don't actually need. Junk is going, no exceptions.

I don't do these resolution kind of things but I'll list some things I'd like to do next year:

- Record something with my band (we have some original songs ready, but for some reason we always fail at recording them).

- Get posted on OCR and work on the mixes I want to do (so much good VGM).

- Learn jazz theory and incorporate it to my compositions.

my one resolution is to actually use this studio that i've built and get back to working on music. my main goal is to finally get a solo album done. even if it's crap, just need to get the first one out of the way, then things might start to flow better. second goal is to make one totally new remix every month. we'll see what happen

my one resolution is to actually use this studio that i've built and get back to working on music. my main goal is to finally get a solo album done. even if it's crap, just need to get the first one out of the way, then things might start to flow better. second goal is to make one totally new remix every month. we'll see what happen

Well while we're on the topic, you could always make an awesome sixto remix for the Final Fantasy 3 album next yeaarr... there's some good songs that'd translate well to being ball-busters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IEnPrhpfg

This thread is now about resolutions for the second half of December!

I resolve to hit 9.0%BF by Jan 1.

More important than resolutions themselves, is the actual plan that puts goals into actions:

That would be 1.5lb of just fat, without losing water or muscle weight. With my BMR at about 1,933kcal, and with the goal deficit of 5,250 spread over 12 days, that's a daily allocation of 438kcal deficit a day.

My lifts average about 536 kcal burned per session, which is 4 days a week. On lifting days, I can intake up to 2,031kcal, and 1,501 on days where I sit on my butt.

My meals are exactly the same every day but have some wiggle room for dinners:

(kcal, protein, food item!)

120 24 whey + water

150 5 oats

200 26 yogurt

270 20 bar

320 24 subway 6 inch

320 24 subway 6 inch

280 40 whey + soymilkz

daily baseline 1660 163