Splash Woman Theme ~2012 Mix~

YannickJason

Well, I'd certainly bring the melody out more in this one.

It's so quiet.

The percussion pretty much carries the whole thing as it is the most dominating of the instruments you have. I like the variations in the beats and in the melody. It just feels like there was a great build-up in the beginning, but it never went anywhere because the tune remained so quiet. You may want to look into giving it a definite ending too. The fade-out isn't working well right now.

Still, you have a nice base to work off of here. The arrangement is cool!

My initial impressions:

A really nice electronic arrangement! I love the instrument used as the lead - it reminds me of a sega genesis lead (which I like a lot~).

All around solid production - though I might have turned down the drums just a smidge (but please don't take my word on it; wait for an expert opinion ;P ). Then again, it sounds fantastic so it doesn't matter to me either way.

I really liked the variation at the 2:15 mark. Some nice stuff.

All in all I thought this was great. Keep up the good work and I hope some folks can give you some real solid advice/critique to make this track absolutely perfect. I think it's well on its way towards being OCR worthy, but I ain't a judge!

Pretty good mix! I find no major fault with the actual arrangement of the song. Almost on par with Brandon Strader's mixes (he has...well...a fetish for Splash Woman's source). ;-)

I heard what seems to be a sour note at around 0:24. Check if you can fix that. It's not pleasing to the ears.

The production of the song is where I start to see the cracks. As OfficialJab pointed out, the drum instrument you chose is rather mediocre, almost low res. It's especially going to hurt you since your piece relies heavily on the percussion (Hell, the intro is mostly drums). Find something better and the piece will drastically improve.

I can see some of the judges not liking some of your synth choices, but it's fine by my standards, so I give it an A-Okay!

Can't wait to see the next version.

EDIT: Mixing is key. See if you can alter your piece so that the better, more melodic instruments have greater prominence.

Pretty good mix! I find no major fault with the actual arrangement of the song. Almost on par with Brandon Strader's mixes (he has...well...a fetish for Splash Woman's source). ;-)

I heard what seems to be a sour note at around 0:24. Check if you can fix that. It's not pleasing to the ears.

The production of the song is where I start to see the cracks. As OfficialJab pointed out, the drum instrument you chose is rather mediocre, almost low res. It's especially going to hurt you since your piece relies heavily on the percussion (Hell, the intro is mostly drums). Find something better and the piece will drastically improve.

I can see some of the judges not liking some of your synth choices, but it's fine by my standards, so I give it an A-Okay!

Can't wait to see the next version.

EDIT: Mixing is key. See if you can alter your piece so that the better, more melodic instruments have greater prominence.

Thanks a bunch! I'm working on fixing some things, but I will definitely have to find a better snare for the percussion.

Not sure which lead I like better actually, the new one still sort of sounds like it's coming from a SNES. The mixing has drastically improved, though, things are coming into focus. Can't tell how much the drums have changed, but at the beginning at least, they're still not too strong. We could really use some stronger bass percussion I think, a good kick drum or something to make the song hit a little harder in general.

Bear in mind I have about no technical knowledge here, but strictly as a fan, that's what I'm hearing. Also looking forward to Live & Learn still, find a good guitar for it?

Not sure which lead I like better actually, the new one still sort of sounds like it's coming from a SNES. The mixing has drastically improved, though, things are coming into focus. Can't tell how much the drums have changed, but at the beginning at least, they're still not too strong. We could really use some stronger bass percussion I think, a good kick drum or something to make the song hit a little harder in general.

Bear in mind I have about no technical knowledge here, but strictly as a fan, that's what I'm hearing.

Still fiddling around with the lead synth. I can't seem to find one that works well in this song...

The beginning is also kind of iffy for me. I might change it completely to suit the rest of the song; maybe something progressive (?)

Also looking forward to Live & Learn still, find a good guitar for it?

Yes! I'm going in a new direction with the song as a whole though. Lower tone, new instruments, etc..

Thanks for asking! :)