EC's FM synthesis songs (Sega genesis songs made with freeware VGM Music Maker)

EC2151

That's a mouthful of a title, eh?

Anyhoo, VGM MM is a freeware tracker that lets you do FM synthesis and emulate the YM2616 chip of the Sega Genesis. It is a direct update to TFM Music Maker.

How so? It supports 6 FM channels, one being used for sampling PCM audio, 3 PSG square wave channels, and one PSG white noise channel. So that's 9 channels, plus noise. TFM MM only had support for the 6 FM channels. Both can be downloaded for free here.

Here are some tracks I made with it:

Chopper Blues

Hope Flies High

MadMen

For an example of TFM MM in action, here's another track I made:

Zero Hour

IronLife Rhythm

I need to listen to more Matt Furniss so I can become as good at this stuff as he is... >.>

By far it's my favorite tracker I've ever worked with, so if anyone wants to make some cool sega genesis music, give it a try!

• 3 months later...

A bump with two new* tracks I made:

Full Throttle

This one is inspired by Top Gun and After Burner II (which is basically Top Gun). It has some fun Sega genesis guitar and a shreddin' solo towards the end.

-looping version-

Pressure from Below

*This was made ages ago on the less-powerful TFM Music Maker, but since I liked this track so much I remade to have a bit polyphony and mastering/effects, with some more offbeat jazzy percussion. It still is one of my favorite tracks.

• 1 month later...

A bump with two new tracks:

Get Ready!

-probably one of the better-sounding songs I've made as of this posting. Pretty catchy.

Requiem for a Space Bug

Doesn't loop too well, and I haven't isolated the problem on Audacity. One day I will, though.

Right now I am trying to experiment with VGM_MM's PSG capabilities, making some songs that would sound right at home on the Master System or Game Gear. Always some fun stuff.