Touhou medley

redtails

Good day sirs and madams; today I wish to share a Touhou medley. I've been wanting to have my own medley for some time now. The medley borrows a lot of attributes from (freely available) work performed by Samidare ( http://www42.tok2.com/home/samidaremidi/ ). Melodies presented in this song are the themes of: Yakumo Chen, Cirno, Flandre Scarlet, Fujiwara no Mokou, Yagokoro Eirin, Kawashiro Nitori, Shameimaru Aya, Moriya Suwako, Kochiya Sanae, Alice Margatroid, Kana Anaberal, Remilia Scarlet, Saigyouji Yuyuko, Houraisan Kaguya, Shikieiki Yamazanadu, Yasaka Kanako and (lastly my favourite) Reiuji Utsuho. For reference that there was a lot of time put into this, take a look at this: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/redtails/oldest-4chan/pic84f.tmp.jpg . All work performed in Fruityloops. All songs originally composed by ZUN.

Themes used for this medley:

Chen:

Cirno:

Flan:

Mokou:

Eirin:

Nitori:

Aya:

Suwako:

Sanae:

Alice:

Kana:

Remi:

Yuyuko:

Kaguya:

Shikieiki:

Kanako:

Utsuho:

Arrange: http://soundcloud.com/ravensjig/reiuyi-touhou-medley

Thank you kindly for listening, all commentary is welcome~

Oh my~ This is certainly a large medley! Mm, perhaps to compensate for the stunning lack of Touhou on this site? >u<

Mm, at first I thought it would be kinda long and dragged out. Part of this is due to the fact that I've only played Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, and only recognize the songs from that game. But it turned out to be rather engaging, and a joy to listen to. I almost ended up anticipating those few tunes that I did recognize, and smiled when they came up~

Honestly, I think this was very well done. I hate to sound like one of those people who have nothing constructive to say, but I liked this a lot. The only complaint I can possibly find in me is, as mentioned before, the incredible length. But even then, that's a very minor complaint. I'm looking forward to you submitting this to the judges.

This is excellent. As a big fan of the Touhou series, I was easily impressed.

Some big problems are of course as follows:

- Sample/Recording Quality

- Perhaps some better samples may help the feel

- Humanising will help the feel

- Mixing

- Things are often quite a bit louder than the rest of the orchestra where they should try and be equal overall.

- There sounds like there is distortion at parts because of the volume.

- Arrangement

- It's great that you put these all together and in a way that works I commend that

- however, some of the transitions between sources feel too stop start, this deserves to flow. It's soooo good that it really deserves it.

- Perhaps incorporating some more deviation from the source and less one theme > Next theme > Next theme style.

I hope this can help, if only a bit.

Plus I was sad because there was no Youmu and I love Youmu. D:

- Callum