Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ReMix Project - On Hold

Theophany

If it's not too late, I'd like to claim Lake Hylia (TP)! I have a few good ideas for that. I might be able to send an audition through this weekend.

Edit: Whoops, probably should read the first post more. I'll send in a WIP/audition as soon as possible!

Also, that is a very sexy banner.

Edited by Matt E. Waldman

I never thought I'd be saying this again... but this project... Its so enticing, I'm gonna try my hand at arranging Temple of Time. One of my all-time favorite Zelda songs... I'll be sending my audition along soon, although I will definitely say that both samples and production may hold me back slightly... :whatevaa: Hopefully that won't be too much of an issue to work past.

Hi, everyone!

Farkle here, I'm a new sign-on, but many of the OCR crew know me as Mike Worth (old friend of Zircon and PixieTricks); I've been meaning to sit down and get into the OCR community for a couple of years now, and now's the time to do it! :)

I would love to contribute some remixes to the Ocarina project; as one of the other posters also does, I sing this music to my 5 year old daughter.

There is a lot of competition for the remaining tracks, I'll help fill in the blanks. I'd love to remix the Fairy Fountain, the Nocturne of Shadow, and/or the Bolero of Fire. If those are taken, I'll happily do the opening Deku Tree suite.

With the short melodies, Nocturne and Bolero, is it okay to expand them a bit, into a more symphonic piece, melodic/harmonic variation, some key change moves, etc?

Thank you all for letting me be a part of this community and this project!

Farkle

There is a lot of competition for the remaining tracks, I'll help fill in the blanks. I'd love to remix the Fairy Fountain, the Nocturne of Shadow, and/or the Bolero of Fire. If those are taken, I'll happily do the opening Deku Tree suite.

Awesome Mike, we're excited to hear your takes on these sources! Emu will be sending you a PM pretty soon!

@Salluz

Last Battle will be a collaboration track I'm going to supervise kind of closely so keep that in mind. It's not a track we'll be giving anyone solo claim to unless their audition is just completely insane. I'm hoping Last Battle can be a little bit more of a community effort in terms of arrangement and performing so that it really delivers both on production and as a piece of music... so we want people who are looking to collaborate to sub their ideas moreso than audition for solo claim on that one. Let us know!

• 3 weeks later...

Just recorded some sort of really early WIP for Kaepora Gaebora theme. Not really sure what to think of it. Is it any decent? Might think of adding some harmonized melodies for the "chorus" and perhaps some other song to finish it off with. Feedback please :)

http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/17364269/file.html

EDIT: Just acquired the skill to read properly and subsequently realized the vibe might be pretty far off from what this project is looking for.

Edited by Spotnick

EDIT: Just acquired the skill to read properly and subsequently realized the vibe might be pretty far off from what this project is looking for.

I messaged you about this, but I want to say it publicly too.

I would rather people sub a WIP than hold back. So far we've accepted two tracks that might be considered "outside our style" because they were awesome in their own right, and we felt they could still fit nicely in the album flow (which also depends on the tracks we get). We are only going to be picky about certain tracks, like Temples and Battle tracks, for example, because we don't want an entire album of material that sounds predictable or exactly the same. For the tracks we accepted that were somewhat outside our style, we suggested some small changes to the intros to help it fit in the framework of the album, mainly some more acoustic sounds. If you have a suitable intro you can really go any number of directions and it will probably still fit nicely on the album. If you're not sure what to do, we can always make suggestions, but we have to hear your WIP first.

We're always going to be looking to see how your track can fit on the album. The guidelines are meant to encourage people to send in their WIP.

If they're not doing that, I'll probably need to update soon and clarify...