Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ReMix Project - On Hold

Theophany

Is anyone still looking for vocals and if so would they be interested in a tenor with 10 years choral experience?

Do you have some examples of your solo work? Also... this choral experience you speak of... are you still connected to any choirs or singing groups? It would be pretty awesome to organize even a small group of singers for a kind of small choir / folk choir sound at some point on the album (Gregorian chants for Temple of Time for example). It's always possibly to layer things up digitally, but I feel like getting the acoustics and raw energy of people being in the same room (or a Church) would give us stronger results :)

Do you have some examples of your solo work? Also... this choral experience you speak of... are you still connected to any choirs or singing groups? It would be pretty awesome to organize even a small group of singers for a kind of small choir / folk choir sound at some point on the album (Gregorian chants for Temple of Time for example). It's always possibly to layer things up digitally, but I feel like getting the acoustics and raw energy of people being in the same room (or a Church) would give us stronger results :)

I have some songs on my Youtube page under: "MangaMan Sings"

I do keep in contact with some of my choir friends and could possible organize some of them.

I might have some (Ok, quite a bit of) interest in Ganon's Castle... I heard some ideas as soon as I listened to the source track. That's promising. I'll get back to you once I have some kind of coherent arrangement, but that may take a little while. Exams coming up and all... I just wanted to throw my voice in. :D

Also, my Tindeck stuff is older, I've gotten better I promise. XD

• 2 weeks later...
let me get in on this goodness!
Please let me join! [...] please register thath song as claimed.

It's generally a good idea to take a minute and read the OP before attempting to join a project.

Auditioning / Claiming

Unless you were specifically invited to remix a particular track by the directors before the project went public, all remixers wishing to claim a track will need to provide a solid work in progress that is approved by both directors (for overall quality and for its cohesiveness with the rest of the album) in order to make a claim on any track.

:wink:

It's generally a good idea to take a minute and read the OP before attempting to join a project.

:wink:

Oh, but that's not a problem. I did read that, actually, and I've already got a tentatively finished product--who should I send it to? Or should I post it here?

Too the people working on the Kokiri Forest remix, I was wondering if I could possibly help out with it. I'm the head coordinator for the Tears of the Moon: A Majora's Mask Musical project and I would love to make a connect between the two games, since Majora's Mask is a sequel to Ocarina of Time. I want to try to make the connection that the Skull Kid in this game is the same Skull Kid in Majora's Mask. I don't know what you guys were planning on this song, but if you want a vocalist, I can play the part of the Skull Kid that Link teaches Saria's Song. Even if it is just a short vocal part at the beginning, that would be fine. If your not interested, I understand.

I've already got a tentatively finished product--who should I send it to? Or should I post it here?

As a general guideline, try to avoid posting work-in-progress publicly, whenever possible.

You should PM either Theophany or Emunator with your wip and the concept for your track.

Please be patient if you don't get a reply right away, as they're probably both very busy.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

As a general guideline, you should avoid posting work-in-progress publicly, whenever possible.

You need to PM either Theophany or Emunator with your wip and the concept for your track.

Please be patient if you don't get a reply right away, as they're probably both very busy.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thank you very much! One step ahead of ya, and already sent~

I agree with all of this. The nuanced differences among unique voices make the charatacter of a choral sound almost impossible to replicate.

I've actually been formulating a concept for a choral mix beginning with Temple of Time chant, then developing into/interweaving with a couple themes from other games in the series.

In any case, not sure what the timeline on this project is, but if there's still a need, I should be around to help this project out come October/November. May have time to arrange/produce a track. Could definitely contribute some vocals. I'm working on getting some better examples of my style and range. What I do have now is this recording I made a couple years ago of a gorgeous Palestrina arrangement for male quartet. Recorder in my apartment, revern added in Audacity for that open-acoustic cathedral feel. The production quality isn't up to stuff, and there are some intonation issues, but I did this in a bit of a rush and could definitely improve on it.

O, Domine, Jesu Christe

I agree with all of this. The nuanced differences among unique voices make the charatacter of a choral sound almost impossible to replicate.

I've actually been formulating a concept for a choral mix beginning with Temple of Time chant, then developing into/interweaving with a couple themes from other games in the series.

In any case, not sure what the timeline on this project is, but if there's still a need, I should be around to help this project out come October/November. May have time to arrange/produce a track. Could definitely contribute some vocals. I'm working on getting some better examples of my style and range. What I do have now is this recording I made a couple years ago of a gorgeous Palestrina arrangement for male quartet. Recorder in my apartment, revern added in Audacity for that open-acoustic cathedral feel. The production quality isn't up to stuff, and there are some intonation issues, but I did this in a bit of a rush and could definitely improve on it.

O, Domine, Jesu Christe

Really nice work. The production aspects can be taken care of. Can you get in touch with us again in October/November?

Got some new blood on the project here :-) Scaredsim and Harjawaldar are joining on to claim Kakariko Village, and a megacollab between Sixto Sounds, Level 99 and Jeff Ball is forming for Gerudo Valley!

There's some really amazing stuff going on behind the scenes and hopefully it'll continue to pick up the pace. I'll be doing a bit of recruitment for some of the remaining tracks this week, and touching base with those of you who still need to get WIPs in.

I'm very excited about where this project is headed, here's to a lot more productivity in the near future now that summer is upon us!

Really nice work. The production aspects can be taken care of. Can you get in touch with us again in October/November?

Certainly can. I'm working on finding someplace on base where I can record, but haven't had any luck. Seems the only place you can actually be alone is the chapel, but that's got 8 or so AC units, and I don't think they turn off. Ever.

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in doing a ragtime-styled solo piano remix for the mini-game theme, if no one else is interested. I don't have any WIP to submit at the moment, but considering I just got out for summer (being a teacher is an order of magnitude more difficult than being a student, btw) I should be able to throw something together in the next month.

First WIP will be some shitty midi sample, but the final product will be mic'd and recorded live on my piano.

Looking forward to contributing to my first OCR project (assuming of course that my WIP gets the green light) :)

Edited by SILVERWOLF

• 2 weeks later...