Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ReMix Project - On Hold

Theophany

Hi all,

At Emunator's request, I'd like to introduce myself to the group and talk about some opportunities for collaboration.

I've been around this community since about January of this year, at which point I decided to try my hand at remixing. I've since had one piece accepted (Not the Taxi You Whistled For) and took first place in Zircon's FFVI composition with a piece titled Gobble Snarf Snap. You can check out both of them at www.soundcloud.com/xprtnovice - there are some other samples there.

If any of you are looking for: Alto sax, clarinet, piano, acoustic guitar, flute, or vocal percussion, I'm your man. I used to have a Syrian oud, but I've since sold it and am still shopping for a replacement.

I am also, quite uselessly, an excellent whistler. Everyone has their strengths, right?

Right now I'm a little swamped with a host of life issues whose sole purpose seems to be preventing me from doing things I actually enjoy, so I might be a bit slow, but if any of you have something you'd like me to lay something down on I'd be happy to. Emu has me looking at some of the shorter pieces on OOT to go for a remix (Shop, Mini Game, Shooting gallery, and Horse Race), and once my life decides to shut up for a while I plan on tackling it.

Looking forward to being part of the project with you all!

Joe

I (think) I sent a PM to Emunator regarding a concept idea I had for the Legend of Hyrule track. Sadly, I got no response.

Is the track taken?

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that you hadn't submitted a WIP. Yeah, anyone is free to audition for a track that isn't marked as claimed on the first post. Go for it if you've got an idea you wanna try out :-)

Also, welcome XPRTNovice to the project! Your skills are definitely going to be invaluable going forward!! I'll get in touch with a project forum link soon for you.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that you hadn't submitted a WIP. Yeah, anyone is free to audition for a track that isn't marked as claimed on the first post. Go for it if you've got an idea you wanna try out :-)

Also, welcome XPRTNovice to the project! Your skills are definitely going to be invaluable going forward!! I'll get in touch with a project forum link soon for you.

Hey Wes sent a track your way in a PM over the weekend.

Glad to have you on the project man. :)

Hi all,

At Emunator's request, I'd like to introduce myself to the group and talk about some opportunities for collaboration.

I've been around this community since about January of this year, at which point I decided to try my hand at remixing. I've since had one piece accepted (Not the Taxi You Whistled For) and took first place in Zircon's FFVI composition with a piece titled Gobble Snarf Snap. You can check out both of them at www.soundcloud.com/xprtnovice - there are some other samples there.

If any of you are looking for: Alto sax, clarinet, piano, acoustic guitar, flute, or vocal percussion, I'm your man. I used to have a Syrian oud, but I've since sold it and am still shopping for a replacement.

I am also, quite uselessly, an excellent whistler. Everyone has their strengths, right?

Right now I'm a little swamped with a host of life issues whose sole purpose seems to be preventing me from doing things I actually enjoy, so I might be a bit slow, but if any of you have something you'd like me to lay something down on I'd be happy to. Emu has me looking at some of the shorter pieces on OOT to go for a remix (Shop, Mini Game, Shooting gallery, and Horse Race), and once my life decides to shut up for a while I plan on tackling it.

Joe

Hi all,

Joe

Vocal percussion? As in beat-boxing? That's awesome! Welcome!

Vocal percussion? As in beat-boxing? That's awesome! Welcome!

Yes, beat-boxing :) I don't have the right equipment at the moment to really do it well (I've been hunting or a bargain on an Audix i-5 for a while) but I have some samples of earlier work. I can throw them on soundcloud.

http://soundcloud.com/xprtnovice/circle-of-life-for-beatbox-vp

and

http://soundcloud.com/xprtnovice/carry-on-my-wayard-son

• 3 weeks later...
Hey! Yes, we have had some art developments. We don't want to release anything just yet, but a few artists have joined the project and keiiii has already developed some really cool pieces. So far everything is looking awesome.

Oh, good! Part of the reason I ask is I would love to do a piece (preferably before the craziness of the semester begins again), but I wasn't sure what pieces have already been done. Any idea on that?

Awesome, that would be cool. The work on your deviantart looks pretty solid! keiiii is art directing for the project, so send her a message with a link to your work and let her know what material you're interested covering. Off the top of my head I know we already have claims on Temple of Time, Water Temple, Hyrule Field, and a couple others, but I would say the project is mostly open right in terms of art.

I'd love to have a part on this project, but I'm going to need some time to get something together because I've been working on the FF2 and FF9 projects and need to get what work I need to do done for them first.

I'm particularly interested in the Shooting Gallery theme - I can hear some really weird metal/folk stuff in my head. I can PM samples of my other work so far, and send a WIP once I get the ball rolling.

The album sounds like it'll be great fun!

I'd love to have a part on this project, but I'm going to need some time to get something together because I've been working on the FF2 and FF9 projects and need to get what work I need to do done for them first.

I'm particularly interested in the Shooting Gallery theme - I can hear some really weird metal/folk stuff in my head. I can PM samples of my other work so far, and send a WIP once I get the ball rolling.

The album sounds like it'll be great fun!

That sounds like an awesome, unexpected twist that could be really fun if pulled off with the right amount of finesse. Color me interested, let me know when you've got a WIP :-D

• 4 weeks later...

edit: Ok, i'm editing this out. I was expressing interest for a particular song, but after messing around with the genre, my samples just aren't going to cut it. If you still need somebody later down the road feel free to message me though you'll probably get a lot interest before then anyways.

Edited by urdailywater

Some time ago I expressed interest in the Legend of Hyrule track. Since I'm not sure if the "**interest expressed" mark in the track is mine or somebody's else, I wanted to say that I'm "dropping my interest" for now. I can't come up with an idea that pleases me...

However, I DO want to express interest on Nocturne of Shadow. I wrote an arrangement already, just need to sequence it and I'll get in touch with the project coordinators!

@jnWake Please do...

@urdailywater, it's up to you, but we're always open to hearing your arrangement concept. If the arrangement is really solid and I feel like it would work well on the album I would be open to producing the track for you (with your permission of course). But again, it's up to you, and the arrangement does need to be solid.

• 1 month later...
Really nice work. The production aspects can be taken care of. Can you get in touch with us again in October/November?

I'm home!

If anyone is looking for a vocalist, I'd be happy to contribute. Here again is a link to the choral piece I posted before, recorded a couple years ago: http://soundcloud.com/xarnax42/o-domine-jesu-christi

More recently, I sang on Calum's entry for zircon's Final Fantasy 6 contest, which was more of a bossa nova style: http://tindeck.com/listen/hsvm

• 3 weeks later...

Theophany,

Just putting it out there that I messaged you on your profile page. I am wondering if you have a spot open for mastering in this project.

Here's a sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ebayz73n89bv8k

I just put together a MIDI track and mastered it as a demo.

I can always master it differently though.

If you want me to make you a demo of a track that you want to hear mastered I can do that too.

I look forward to a reply.

Thanks!!!

-Dudebob

i...just wanted to make sure i hadn't dropped off your radar :tomatoface:

i'm still very much interested in contributing my voice to this project, and i recall there being a want to be able to perform live, a feat i am most certainly capable of.

sorry if this is out of place or obnoxious, but i'd very much like to contribute to this :)

cth

No need to be sorry, to be honest I am going to need reminders as the project goes on because there's a lot to keep track of. Although we've been a bit quiet in the thread it's mostly because we've been hard at work on the project. So far we have a team of around 10 remixers all working on tracks at various stages of completion. While we have lots of vocals planned and tons of potential for more as the project progresses and evolves, none of the tracks are ready for performers just yet because we're focusing on the concepts and arrangements. Our approach is a little more time consuming but the WIPS for our existing tracks on the album are already sounding amazing. We've also have some stunning art concepts and near-finished paintings thanks to Keiiiii, who is running art direction and working with artists. I am trying to keep our efforts focused on the first disc in hope of releasing some kind of preview or promo for you guys in 2013.

@Theory of N, awesome, thank you!

@Dudebob, thanks, I've responded on your wall :)

Edited by Theophany

No need to be sorry, to be honest I am going to need reminders as the project goes on because there's a lot to keep track of. Although we've been a bit quiet in the thread it's mostly because we've been hard at work on the project. So far we have a team of around 10 remixers all working on tracks at various stages of completion. While we have lots of vocals planned and tons of potential for more as the project progresses and evolves, none of the tracks are ready for performers just yet because we're focusing on the concepts and arrangements. Our approach is a little more time consuming but the WIPS for our existing tracks on the album are already sounding amazing. We've also have some stunning art concepts and near-finished paintings thanks to Keiiiii, who is running art direction and working with artists. I am trying to keep our efforts focused on the first disc in hope of releasing some kind of preview or promo for you guys in 2013.

@Theory of N, awesome, thank you!

@Dudebob, thanks, I've responded on your wall :)

no worries! i look forward to when i can start contributing, and it's good to hear that things are moving along. is there anywhere we can hear wip's? no pressure if there's not, you've already got plenty on your plate

no worries! i look forward to when i can start contributing, and it's good to hear that things are moving along. is there anywhere we can hear wip's? no pressure if there's not, you've already got plenty on your plate

As a general rule, not unless you're working directly working on a track for the project. Like other projects on OCR we don't want material leaking out before it's ready to be previewed or mastered for the release. We may share other wips from the tracklist with a performer once they're directly involved for additional collaboration and feedback, but we haven't decided exactly how that aspect of the project is going to work just yet.