Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ReMix Project - On Hold

Theophany

As a general rule, not unless you're working directly working on a track for the project. Like other projects on OCR we don't want material leaking out before it's ready to be previewed or mastered for the release. We may share other wips from the tracklist with a performer once they're directly involved for additional collaboration and feedback, but we haven't decided exactly how that aspect of the project is going to work just yet.

makes sense to me. just didn't wanna get left behind :)

• 1 month later...
chimpazilla's actually had her eyes on that, but is having some trouble getting further ideas on her WIP. :|

Haha, thanks T! Yeah I've got about 2:30 of a wip on that battle theme, in an Indian "Bhangra" style. I'm not sure it's right for the album though. I'm handing it off to another friend to get more expansion ideas, so we will collab it and probably sub it outside of the project.

After the success of Theo's Majora's Mask album, Theo and Emu are going to be even more selective about what styles they want for the OoT album, so I recommend contacting one of them with any ideas and/or audition wips you may have.

Haha, thanks T! Yeah I've got about 2:30 of a wip on that battle theme, in an Indian "Bhangra" style. I'm not sure it's right for the album though. I'm handing it off to another friend to get more expansion ideas, so we will collab it and probably sub it outside of the project.

After the success of Theo's Majora's Mask album, Theo and Emu are going to be even more selective about what styles they want for the OoT album, so I recommend contacting one of them with any ideas and/or audition wips you may have.

Alrighty, probably for the better for me right now anyway... Like I said, I won't be able to get much done for a while, got the GMRB to finish up and a load of other albums to stop procrastinating on :P Though if you're feeling like you want to collaborate with someone and want to send it my way, feel free

• 2 weeks later...

I almost want to claim "Legend of Hyrule", but I seriously feel unworthy of doing so. xD To do orchestral stuff will most certainly require my collaborating with someone else that has really good orchestra stuff. I've got Logic and the orchestra instruments sound pretty real, but they are limited to only being played note by note or chord by chord. They can't do arpeggios or anything related to that.

Hey guys, sorry for being MIA for so long. Emunator and I are thinking we need to overhaul the first post a bit and figure out a less confusing approach to managing submissions and claims. We've had lots of good submissions but also some difficulty, so we're going to be looking at ways to simplify things and streamline our audition process. In the meantime I'll be working on tracks and getting back in touch with everyone on the project so far. If anyone sent me a wip and I didn't get back to you, please send it again! Sorry to ask but I'm not very organized and I lose track of things pretty easily.

At this point I'd suggest that anyone who's interested in contributing to the project hold off for a little bit until me and Theophany have had a chance to regroup, unless you're okay with your track potentially not being used for the album. We're in the middle of trying to really figure out what sound we're looking for the album and our approach to the project in general, so I would personally suggest just holding off on submitting or developing any WIPs until we sort a few things out internally.

This goes for artists currently on the project, as well!

Thanks for your patience :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Before I start, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I'm a fresh newcomer to this forum, though I've been a long-time visitor to the website. I have no musical skill per-se but I'm an illustrator and graphic designer with experience of working with well known and established musicians and record labels. I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing me to get involved with this project as a visual artist? I'm a huge game (and VGM) fan, and would be really pleased with your consideration.

If you want to see examples of my work, check my portfolio at www. owencreativestudios. com (remove spaces). I've done flyers for artists and labels such as LTJ Bukem & Hospital records amongst others, but actual illustration and art are my bigger passion. I'd ask for nothing in return, but a credit, obviously. Let me know what you think. I'd love to be involved!

I'm still very much here and singing a lot, by the way!

In fact, since whenever my last post was, I've made some very significant progress and I'm more confident than ever that I can be an asset to this project...as well as wherever that Majora's Mask one ran off to.

I didn't run off. Still here and looking for singers and remixers.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, Before I start, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I'm a fresh newcomer to this forum, though I've been a long-time visitor to the website. I have no musical skill per-se but I'm an illustrator and graphic designer with experience of working with well known and established musicians and record labels. I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing me to get involved with this project as a visual artist? I'm a huge game (and VGM) fan, and would be really pleased with your consideration.

If you want to see examples of my work, check my portfolio at www. owencreativestudios. com (remove spaces). I've done flyers for artists and labels such as LTJ Bukem & Hospital records amongst others, but actual illustration and art are my bigger passion. I'd ask for nothing in return, but a credit, obviously. Let me know what you think. I'd love to be involved!

Theophany and Emunator are in charge of the project, though I would check with keiiii, either on here or on her deviantART (www.keiiii.deviantart.com), since she's the art director. :D

Ok so I've already got like 3 or 4 other remix projects I'm currently working on, but uh... heck yes I'll do this.

Can I claim something? You can hear some of my stuff in my Soundcloud link. I am much more electronic but I can get in orchestral stuff. I won't be able to send in anything for at the least the next 2-3 weeks though.

Not sure if I read through the guidelines hard enough. If I screwed something up here, then oops. :D

Edited by Garrett Williamson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am going to maybe start working on a WIP for Requiem of Spirit, I know you said to hold off, but I will probably do it anyways, even if it is rejected by the album, so what have I got to lose?

My work: www.soundcloud.com/basedesire

Generally electronic, but looking forward to experimenting with more new age / electronic-orchestra blends/fusions.

I am going to maybe start working on a WIP for Requiem of Spirit, I know you said to hold off, but I will probably do it anyways, even if it is rejected by the album, so what have I got to lose?

My work: www.soundcloud.com/basedesire

Generally electronic, but looking forward to experimenting with more new age / electronic-orchestra blends/fusions.

Hey dude, you got some great stuff there. You should def work out an audition track for the project.

Hey dude, you got some great stuff there. You should def work out an audition track for the project.

Thanks! I just checked out your OCR artist profile, you music is so good. I am very excited about someday getting a remix on OCR. I just started VG remixing. Right now working on something from Chrono Cross.