Crash Bandicoot - The Mind of Cortex [first remix]

J*Rod

Hey guys! I've been quite a fan of OC ReMix for a while, even befriending sephfire through Extra Credits. However, I do admit that my own composition skills are way below average, and my tools are limited.

I did put a lot of effort into this remix, though. So I'll just get this over with:

Sources:

Tools:

GarageBand

Latest version:

WIP 3

Notes:

I started out just remixing the Crash 3 track, since that was the only Naughty Dog era game I played. However, I randomly found the Crash 2 theme and became hooked just as much on it. I since started incorporating them together into the same track.

I don't really like GarageBand's drum kits, as I can never get the cymbals to sound right. I took the approach of making the percussion more easygoing than the sources because of these restrictions. Before I attach more to the end, I thought I'd just upload the first draft in advance. Thanks!

Well, I've had GarageBand up trying to think of how to continue this track. In the meantime, I've been traversing the IRCs seeking harsh criticism, or at the very least a response. :wink:

Been fixing a few hiccups in the composition, and I might have a new version up at some point. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I agree I could probably invest in better sounds, though it probably won't be for a while. But if anyone would like to help out, cause this composition is too far ahead to crash down on my watch.

I'll keep working on the composition itself, and I might be able to upload a complete one soon.