OCR01377 - Chrono Trigger "Atonement"

djpretzel

Well done indeed... but the drums seem far too heavy. They distract from the meat of the song. For a rhythm that's repeated over and over and over again, they draw too much attention to themselves. It makes it feel somewhat mechanical, and more repetetive than it truly is. That alone prevents this from being one of my favorite mixes.

Good. Effing. GOD. This is quite possibly the best Remix I've ever heard!! The start just cuts right in, and then switches to a softer beat (nice job with the guitar there) for a bit before ripping you from your seat through the rest of the song with sheer rock awesomeness. The other Magus Remixes were too dark and didn't quite capture the sheer power Magus represents. You have succeeded where they have not, and for that, your remix gets repeated well over 20 times over on my computer in a row.

10/10!!

(I apologize if some stuff doesn't sound right, but I don't know the lingo just yet; please bear with me. :))

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've gotta give you... Nice. Very much like what I imaginied my ideal remix of this song. I like how it opens up around 0:45 and then at 1:16 goes right back to the rock. This is my favorite remix yet, even better(I think) than the chrono trigger symphonic remix, Confronting the Mystic. Most of the other remixes of his theme remix it to the point where I can't find Magus's theme in it at all. If you wanna talk about this song reflecting Magus's personality, heres what I have to say. All the other remixes try to make it too evil, too ominous. Too me, thats not Magus. Magus has alot of darkness in him, but he's not truly evil. The rock brings across this well. And when it opens up, gets softer, to me it symbolizes the tranquility he has deep inside his heart. This is very close to a variation of his theme that I found myself humming in the shower :P. I found myself thinking, now THIS is a Magus remix! And instantly when I began listening to yours, I knew. This was my remix. and it was even better than I imagined. 12 out of 10 Magic Tabs!

• 5 months later...

I don't understand anything about music, but I really like to listen to Chrono Trigger Atonement OC ReMix.

I only registered to this forum, to tell that :)

At the moment I watch a video of the game to hear the original sound. (It starts about 2:02:45 in Chrono Trigger in 4:21:12 by Ryan Foley)

• 1 month later...

WOW one of the best songs ive ever heard and would

really appreciated if u could remake this and

tone down the metal guitar at some points of the songs..

like for example i didnt really like the part from

2:18-2:30 other than that its like perfect i would be listening to this like everyday, but then again it

might sound kinda repetative without it hmm thats

just me :S. Great Song!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Wow this IS a great effort indeed with the melodic metal track ..and the drums ..the DRUMS !

Awesome work Darangen :P

We want more more more !!!

Sorry for this full quote, but what else is left to say? The drums are so impressive, you have to listen to this on a really big HiFi! Just great! And the guitars.... woah! When i first heard this song, the first 30 seconds of it distracted me a bit, i didnt know where this could lead. But then, the drums started and made my day! Just 15 seconds later, on 0:45 it became wonderfully melodic and again, drums and a soft guitar joined the arangement, followed by an agressively sounding e-guitar. This song is imho one of the best around here!

Cya, DJMadMax (loves this community!!!)

• 6 months later...

Wow. Massive change in terms of rock style. This has metal all over it! The opening guitar SFX is great and intros the track wonderfully! The sweeping lead guitars sound great! The rhythm guitars are a little thin for the genre, but it's not too bad at all. Kudos for venturing out of the classic rock genre. This is a big success. The source has almost a celtic feel that you really nail with the more tribal style tom hits but it still maintains it's metal-esque sound. An excellent example of the contrast between heavy and light elements and how they interact with one another. The ending is a little abrupt, but that's not biggie. Very nice work mate!!

• 2 months later...

OoooOOoo...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang...

This is just awesomely fun. Much precautions have been taken so that the listener does not get board with the track. The soundscape is so amazingly varied and the guitar work is jaw flooring. I also love that peaceful interlude with the guitar strumming, it's sort of like saying "Hey! Pay close attention to what's coming up."

It's also strongly solid without being too overpowering or overwhelming. This is so going to my playlist. :razz:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

the drums are quite nice, made me instantly think of The Blue Man Group. 1:31 is where i perked my ears up. wasn't into it until then. 0:48 break is nice as well, but play it more into the metal music. dont be afraid to get epic!

the guitars didnt pop at me, they seemed just under the surface of this song. a song like this needs its guitars to have major presence. ok you see you're at a 6 and we need you at a 9 mmkay? the guitars should sound like the drums did. beefy and clear.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01377 - Chrono Trigger "Atonement"