OCR02372 - Chrono Trigger "Zeal Feels Good"

djpretzel

Great debut, Greg :-) The mix runs pretty long but I think the length is warranted, you've got a very dynamic arrangement that stays pretty safe for the most part, but covers a LOT of melodic ground. The arrangement almost feels like a one born from a stream-of-consciousness train of thought, which I think is the best way to handle this particular source.

Nice to actually be able to hear some bass in one of your mixes too, dude ;-)

Nice work Gario! I've heard some of your stuff from the Wiley Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011 and your remix for Hurry!, so it's nice to see you get a remix accepted.

On to the song, I never get tired of hearing Corridor of Time. The bass here is really great. Killer synth choices as well. Overall very impressive.

Edited by Cash

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've always enjoyed Gario's work, especially from a certain track of his I heard on R:TS, but this is a new kind of beast. Fantastic melody with subtle effects like bell add-ins and a bit of chippy play here and there. Certainly enjoyed the intro as well as the gramaphone being used in other areas, too. Well, much like Zeal, this ReMix makes me feels good.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Man, I can't believe I still hasn't reviewed this awesome track - it's been in my playlist for a while, actually. You know, when it comes to chiptune-infused electronica, lots of words but "mellow, sleepy, relaxing" comes to my mind, but this track definitely is a mellow, sleepy, relaxing piece of music. Gario certainly knows how to treat 9-bit stuff :) Excellent work!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02372 - Chrono Trigger "Zeal Feels Good"