EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Purchasing Q

Hi all!

I was planning on getting the Gold Complete edition for EWQLSO a few months down the road, but with the NAMM sale going on, the Platinum Complete Plus is available at basically the same price of the non-sale Gold Complete.

My question is - I actually do not need this library at this time* - do these half price offers re-appear during the course of the year? Very new to this so no idea about the tides of sample sales :)

Thanks!

*Focusing on theory, harmony atm, making stuff up with logic studiop/gpo/finale

SoundsOnline has sales 3-6 times a year (I didn't do an exact count). Most of the time though, they're a 'buy one, get one free' kind of deal, which might not be what you want unless you wanted to supplement your orchestra with something else. You probably won't be waiting a full year for a 50% off one product sale, but you probably won't see one in three months either.

Platinum is 24-bit samples (Gold is 16-bit), and it has all three mic positions, though you can pay to get the close or surround mics for Gold. Unless you're making money professionally as a composer (or hope to) or you have a lot of cash to blow, get Gold plus the close mics upgrade.

If you just have gold (which uses stage mics) or you have gold plus the surround upgrade only, you're tied to using the naturally-recorded reverb, which won't be right for every piece. With the close mics, you have a lot more flexibility to add as much or as little reverb as you like.

I actually have a quick question I feel doesn't deserve its own thread. Since the original has been answered, I feel it's fine to jump on this one. Anyway, for the additional mic stands, what's the difference between buying a bundle, and buying the bundle license? Everything on their site is listed once for each.

License gives you no DVD's.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but the sale currently occuring on their website also covers aditionnal mic positions ! I just get close mic for my gold EWSO for 54€. 8)

Yes! I think I will most likely go for gold complete + all the mic positions. I'd go for platinum in a heartbeat if not for the size of the 24bit samples >.>