OCR01379 - Unreal Tournament "Club Showdown"

djpretzel

I didn´t like this ReMix. There has been absolutely nothing brought to my attention. The guitar sounds very very very fake and cheap. FL Slayer sucks forever. The piano on end didn´t did justice. The majority of the synth sections are boring. I tried to enjoy the drums, but they are very weak. Maybe the female voice can do some good thing. But basically, the ReMix is very bad in a whole. I´m sorry.

I love this song! It seems to have been ignored judging by the little number of reviews..

When I first listened to it, I didn't think much of it except that it was quite enjoyable. But I found that after several listens, I just wanted to listen more and more of it. Whenever I boot up the comp, it's the first on my playlist. Gives me a drive.

I think it's really well constructed, multiple layers with rhythms juxtaposed against each other perfectly. And there's always something to listen to; every moment. It's beautiful. Keep it going. :)

While I'm not a big fan of this remix, I'm going to give this remixer props for being the first to post an Unreal Tournament mix on this site. The UT tracks rock!

I can see UT remixes going in the same direction that Castlevania remixes have gone. I truly hope more remixxers jump on the bandwagon and use it as a creative outlet. I'm a big fan of this site and in what you guys have produced over the years. =) Keep up the great work!

I loved it, I've been waiting for a mix of this song for a long time. I'd have liked the original tune to be emphasised a little more because it does sound a little flat, but it's still a great song, one of my all time favourites from OC Remix and VG Mix (I've heared both versions btw, I preffer the OCR one). Once again, great song, always liked BGC's stuff

I didn´t like this ReMix. There has been absolutely nothing brought to my attention. The guitar sounds very very very fake and cheap. FL Slayer sucks forever. The piano on end didn´t did justice. The majority of the synth sections are boring. I tried to enjoy the drums, but they are very weak. Maybe the female voice can do some good thing. But basically, the ReMix is very bad in a whole. I´m sorry.

sorry you didn't like it. when i utilize FL Slayer, most of the time I'm not going for a "realistic guitar" sound, but rather, I think of it more as a distorted synth. but whatever. i guess you can't please everyone.

thanks everyone else for the encouraging comments. i hope to be able to get back to remixing soon--marriage brings about a change in priorities :)

take it easy,

BGC

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow... BGC never fails to impress. Just dont get a BGE (Big Giant Ego) :)

This stuff sets a new standard, every bit as good as anthem of a metroid hunter. (which is one of my fav's, all time.)

All this using only FL? I cant seem to make stuff sound this good with FL. lots to learn i guess..

• 6 months later...

Honestly speaking, I didn't care much for this as a remix. It's a pretty nice piece of music by itself, and I think it does improve upon the original "Go Down" by Alexander Brandon, but it's certainly no "Hyperblast Redux".(Unreal Tournament 2004.) Not by a long, long shot. But as I said, it's a fairly decent piece by itself. I think I liked it a lot more back before I read it was a remix of "Go Down" and/or heard the Unreal Tournament 2004 arrangement.(Which still makes my pulse quicken and palms sweat to this day.)

Honestly speaking, I didn't care much for this as a remix. It's a pretty nice piece of music by itself

I'm not sure I understand what you mean there, but I appreciate the compliment :)

but it's certainly no "Hyperblast Redux"

well, I've not played UT2004, so I googled it and took a listen. Pretty cool stuff. A little different stylistically than what I was shooting for... More electronic while mine is more of, well, club beat, of course. It was a cool style, with the fast and furious strings and orchestration. I think one weakness of the Redux mix was it's lack of accentuation for the most climatic (to me anyway) riff of the song. But it was enjoyable, at any rate.

It reminds me a lot of some of the music from the Turok series. You'd probably enjoy the Port of Adia Drum Remix... something you might want to check out, if you haven't already.

Anyway, sorry to disappoint in any way, but thanks for the input and compliments!

• 2 years later...

Too long.

1. The song is not so cool enough to play such a long time. There are no special scenes in it; and I would recognize them even if I didn't like them.

2. I don't know, but I have the feeling it is just boring and has not enough character, which I - like mentioned above - would recognize as well even if it wasn't my favorite style...

So: Why don't you concentrate on the main statements (there are some hidden ones) in the song and present them more compact and purestrain?

Please do not feel offended too much - only a bit. =D

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01379 - Unreal Tournament "Club Showdown"