OCR01381 - Final Fantasy X "Journey's End"

djpretzel

Pretty dang smooth... the vocals and percussion remind me of Enya or something with a celtic feel to it. Lyrics are beautiful and Jill harmonizes very well with herself. You'd have to be an idiot not to hear the sheer quality of this mix; it's chock full of sonic goodness. I'm sure many fans of pixitricks, FF10, and good music will be pleased to find something so hot-off-the-press worth keeping on loop.

9/10 just because I haven't listened to it enough yet to give it 10.

I'm not even gonna lie, this is AWESOME. I feel that the lyrics could have been left out, because the quality issues of the vocals really stick out in my opinion and do not match the quality of the actual arrangement. The vocals make for some elegant texture though, and pixie has skills no doubt. Great work, 8.75/10

I liked the instrumentation, and the entrance of the vocals were very good (ala Small Two of Pieces with all that.. how do I describe it, moaning? ;)). I would have liked it more if there was a phrase down in the middle where there was a lead non-vocal melody -- I find the moments without the vocals a little bland. I mean, these non-vocal phrases are moving (as in, they have a flow) but they just lack some sort of direction and distinctiveness. It's like I'm just waiting for the vocals to come back up.

Pixietricks impressed overall -- I was a doubter of her skill from her previous remix but this was a good performance. Despite the singing-in-an-echoey-toilet effect, you can still hear the quality of her voice. Very nice, except I feel that her voice becomes quite exposed at times when.. well, I suck at technical terms because I've never worked with remix programs.. but there are some times (like, at 1:50) when the voice just starts to sound like something coming out of a bad radio or a bad phone call.

The lyrics are nothing worth mentioning, I've played through FFX and I can see how it somewhat inspired it. But it's more like an exercise in rhyming the end word than anything truly poetic.

Overall, I like it.. wish it could've been longer because the production values are awesome. Could've used some strong non-vocal melody.. but, anyways, great work. :)

Pixietricks...I´m still listening her first ReMix, Zelda64 "Prayer". This new ReMix is quite enjoyable too. It is especially good, listening GrayLightning and Sephfire on the song. The female voices are very sweet and the instrumentation did an awesome ethnic contrast. I haven´t listened the original yet, but this ReMix must be really better. I also love it because is wide and calm. Basically, a dream of imaginations. :)

I've definitely been a Pixietricks fan ever since "Prayer". A fantastic voice that just fits with the music so well...

It does have an etherial feeling to it. I can definitely see the "backstory" to this song clearly in my head. The idea of it being a call and responce is very wistful.

Really, the vocals make this piece. Loving it, loving it!

I remember listening to a WIP of this a long while ago when it was just sephfire (I'm pretty sure i don't remember hearing any vocals) working on it. That was the last I heard of it until today. The end result, wow! Awesome tune and great vocals to go over top of it.

Yeah...great song and all. Liked it.

8.5/10

But...this is annoying me. I can't seem to recognize it. Can someone tell me what part of the game the original is heard?

EDIT: Actually...this is more like a 9.5/10. But no one has told me when the original is heard in-game! Why must you torture me so??

This is absolutely amazing! A most beautiful voice combined with the great arranging of seph and the master of production Gray, yet another 3-way powerhouse team. Honestly the ambience and production value on this is superb and one of the most professional sounding on the site that I have heard. Pixie's singing has been one of the greatest contributions to OCR I have heard in a long time as well, I am so glad she's here providing her music making and especially singing talent. And finally for seph, I haven enjoyed every song I have heard from him, and this is in my mind his best work/collab to date, which is hard for me to say since I loved his KH mix so much. This just really stands out as a fine example of 3 individually strong mixers combining their respective talents to make a great GREAT song. Way to go guys (and gal)!

I really enjoyed this remix. I'm usually not a fan of remixes with lyrics (they're usually not pulled off well at all), but this had some talent behind it. The vocals were amazing. It's not quite a favorite, but this mix is really good.

Great atmosphere going on here... Daniel's done a lot of good work on this track, which was improved with Jillian's excellent ambient singing. Top it off with instrumentation flourishes and mastering by GrayLightning, and you have a trio of definite skill delivering an awe-inspiring mix.

You can definitely hear a lot of the improvements compared to the initial version that was posted in the Work-in-Progress forums. Very full instrumentation, great singing, and awesome use of reverb.

Great way to transport yourself to a new world. Highly recommended.

Dear god...this is incredible...WELL DONE

I now have to expand my Top Ten list because of this...because there are too many Superior mixes to have just a top 10! All you mixers keep up the incredible work!

Beautiful overall sound awesome voice and a hell of a beat once again well done.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01381 - Final Fantasy X "Journey's End"