Plugin suggestions (guitar rig/omnisphere/stylus)?

I was fortunate enough to see a large return from my end-year Pump Audio royalties. I'm looking to pick up some nice plugins with that. :)

I need a good virtual guitar amp package. I'm looking at Guitar Rig 5 Pro. Can anyone vouch for it or something similar? http://www.native-instruments.com/#/products/producer/guitar-rig-5-pro/?page=2517&content=1672

Also, the ubiquitous Omnisphere that looks fantastic...is it worth $500? I write a lot of electronic stuff, but certainly am looking to do cinematic/electro-orchestral work. Same with Stylus RMX...I love the idea of customizable and adjustable grooves with different kits. Is it as "endless" as the promotional info suggests? Worth the price?

Thanks!

I was fortunate enough to see a large return from my end-year Pump Audio royalties. I'm looking to pick up some nice plugins with that. :)

I need a good virtual guitar amp package. I'm looking at Guitar Rig 5 Pro. Can anyone vouch for it or something similar? http://www.native-instruments.com/#/products/producer/guitar-rig-5-pro/?page=2517&content=1672

Also, the ubiquitous Omnisphere that looks fantastic...is it worth $500? I write a lot of electronic stuff, but certainly am looking to do cinematic/electro-orchestral work. Same with Stylus RMX...I love the idea of customizable and adjustable grooves with different kits. Is it as "endless" as the promotional info suggests? Worth the price?

Thanks!

Guitar Rig 5 is brilliant, the new amp models are incredibly good.

If you buy it, it wouldn't be a bad purchase in the slightest. A lot of the effects would be well suited to vocals and other instruments too.

I often use Spectrasonics products, and I can confidently say that Omnisphere is worth your money. You can make almost any virtual-analog sound with its built-in synth engine, for one. I was even able to recreate the heartbeat-like sound from the Terminator 1 soundtrack on it! :lol:

As for what samples it comes with, if you're nostalgic, like I am, a significant portion of the built-in library consists of highlights from their '90s/early '00s sample CD's like Distorted Reality and Symphony of Voices. In addition, some of said sounds were outtakes never released before, most notably in the case of Bizarre Guitar soundsources, so you can still make a different sound. ;-) It also includes all of the content from the previous version of the synth: Atmosphere.

Omnisphere is one of those things that I use in waves.

I could use it on just about anything I wrote, somehow.

But then I go stretches without using it.

With that said, it's a great addition to an already extensive library.

I will say that I use it less now that I have Zebra 2, since the synth engine in Omnisphere really can't compete with Zebra 2. (But Zebra 2 doesn't have the sample-engine side of it, nor can it blend the two)