OCR Mascot Bios - 20 more up for grabs!

Dafydd

Sure. Just write out the names listed below for the "16 writers" credit and you'll be set.

Dafydd

Rexy

Linearity

watkinzez

Psychotic Ninja

Bummerdude

OmegaMe

Daethar

The Instrument of GAWD

Miletus

Kal aMari

chez dogulov

Less Ashamed Of Self

Polo

The Coop

Spunodi

I know I saved a backup of the first post somewhere, but I seem to have lost it...

EDIT: Polo, you are my secretary and nanny. I found a file with the guidelines that you'd uploaded back on page 70. Now I just need to find the original first post quote...

EDIT 2: I found my backup. Apparently, searching for all files on C: includes anything in "My Documents" but nothing in any folders on the desktop. Weird...

I'm pretty happy with the main page now. I probably need to edit some stuff, but overall, do you think there's anything missing? Or are there any errors you'd like to point out?

I was kind of wondering what happened to this. Will we ever be seeing the proposed picture links, and has DJP been kind enough to grace us with his thoughts yet?

In regards to errors, I'm satisfied with my comb through, so I'll leave anything I missed to the eager masses when they eventually get to check this out.

Well, djp has indicated that the site might be getting a substantial upgrade soon. I asked him about the mascot clickability feature and he said that it should be done soon, but he might have meant the project, not knowing who I am. We'd probably be better off asking Liontamer. I think the whole thing should be up and running this summer. Right now, there's really not much I can do, other than nag...

I'm pretty happy with the main page now. I probably need to edit some stuff, but overall, do you think there's anything missing? Or are there any errors you'd like to point out?

Lookin' comprehensive on the front lines, soldier. I fixed 4 minor details (just to get them out of the way):

1) "...clicking either of their images..." (referring to the mascots' images)

2) "...the one who wrote them, The Coop..." (capital T)

3) "All games that this character is in and that has ReMixes on the site..." (since djp coined the capital R and M version of the word remix)

4) "DarkeSword turned a thread titled..." (changed from "titelled")

And here's some other stuff to consider...

- I double-checked with The Coop, and essentially the first mascots appeared when OCR 4, i.e. the new design, was launched (May 23, 2004). And there's been 152 mascot images since July 15, 2007 (LT posted the rookies on page 72). So if you'd like to accurate-ize your first paragraph, you may do so accordingly.

- As a general rule, I'd link to a username only once. Linking it more than that gets distracting and unnecessary. So I suggest linking to djp, DS, and your profile only in the Credits section.

If you feel you deserve to be mentioned here, and aren't already, just say so.

I see this as opening a can of worms, i.e. people saying "I posted in this thread when it was sexually referenced lol" or "I showed the difference between mascot A and mascot B" or something similarly moot. "The many supporters", I think, should cover everyone saying "Good idea, I support this" and "I'd like to point out an error..." and all. Plus, even without the above sentence, those serious about asking for noted credit would do so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eheheh

What a load of work!

Anyway, I'm going on a 2-month vacation in 2 weeks and won't be able to check back in here very often at all during that time. I wonder when this will all be over...

EDIT: By the way, anything in San Francisco you can recommend seeing? Other than the obvious tourist sites, I mean...

Nothing in particular. In my experience, it's more rewarding to hike through the city and get spectacular views from the steep hills and outskirts. And anyway, I'm sure the tourist sites you speak of (Golden Gate Bridge? Pier 39? Chinatown? Japantown? a museum or two?) should keep you occupied on your visit.

If djp implements the mascot clickability feature while you're gone (might happen, you never know), I'll guard the fort with my life. Sir! *salutes*

• 2 months later...

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Final Fantasy XII have been linked in their respective bios thanks to the new ReMixes that cover them.

Clickability coding-wise, only djp can answer that.

We're otherwise done.

We can't really do much right now (other than update bios when remixes from previously uncovered games are added to the site), it's really up to teh Pretzel. I have no idea how far he's come with implementing clickability, and he's kinda hard to get a hold of. Considering that he has 0 posts in this thread, this functionality is probably not at the top of his prio list (even though Liontamer probably tells him all he needs to know about us, DJP is still the guy who has to write the new code).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...