OCR Mascot Bios - 20 more up for grabs!

Dafydd

What do you mean, a "missing pic"? And no, there's no mascot 153. From where were you linked to it?

Missing pic, like this here: missing.pic

Saw a big square with no pic in the top-right corner of the site, where the mascots appear. It was linked to mascot 153 which doesn't exist (which is why I posted about it). Probably something in the random number generator used to choose mascots for each page or something that's set a number too high.

• 2 months later...

After a good half-hour or so of what seemed like an endless cycling through the same 5 characters, but what was intended as a re-read of the write-ups I did, I stumbled upon this:

ocr_mascot_120.png

This doesn't look much like anything I remember from Super Metroid, and I can't say I like this pic compared to the old one, as it portrays him as more of a thrice-and-front-anused Kremling than the dinosaurian nightmare of a beast he really is. Where is this picture from? The wiki article mentions Super Metroid as the source of the image, but I doubt that's correct anymore.

Edited by Dafydd

Got it. I'll update the wiki. Thanks! Sorry for raising your post count :)

EDIT: There! Took the opportunity to make a few edits to some of my own bios while I was at it. I'm still not completely happy with the T&E one. It keeps changing subjects, one sentence about them, the next about the game, and too much info on the game compared to the characters. I'll need to fix it up someday. The X (full armor) one looks much better now though.

EDIT2: About Kraid, I noticed the info in the "pictured from" field was updated and therefore correct. Still, the article was wrong and has now been fixed.

Edited by Dafydd

Took the opportunity to make a few edits to some of my own bios while I was at it. I'm still not completely happy with the T&E one.

For one thing, it sounds contradictory to say it's "just another quiet day in space" when the funk is playing in the speakers, plus it repeats the first sentence. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the original wording ("everything was the same as always")...

About Kraid, I noticed the info in the "pictured from" field was updated and therefore correct. Still, the article was wrong and has now been fixed.

Good job catching what I missed to make the article consistent. *thumbs up*

• 6 months later...

Working on a bio for Scrooge McDuck. Work is getting in the way, but I'll upload the rough draft tonight if anyone wants to give me some feedback on it.

Edit: Actually, a quick question. Should I post it here for feedback, or PM it for approval? And if the latter, to who does it get sent to?

Edited by Darklink42

Alright, well here's the rough draft. Should I add more, are there grammatically incorrect things? Rip it up guys, I'd expect no less.

Scrooge McDuck

The richest duck in the world, Scrooge McDuck is not one to be content with just that. Be it from competition with others or just plain ennui from being at the top, he is constantly on the lookout for new ways to make money. Not above adventuring, even for being as old as he is, Scrooge has explored countless famous locations in search of treasures, wealth, and fame.

Scrooge’s first video game appearance is still fondly remembered among gamers, despite not having much of a plot beyond Scrooge hunting for treasure. He hasn’t appeared in many games since then, beyond the sequel to the first Ducktales game. His most notable recent appearance was in Kingdom Hearts 2, where he is said to have helped King Mickey develop the space transit system which links the worlds together. In that game he also has a fondness for sea salt ice cream.

While Scrooge McDuck may seem like a lonely old miser, he actually has two famous relations. He is the uncle to both Donald Duck and, more eminently, the triplets Huey, Louie, and Dewey. His relationship to all of his nephews has softened quite a bit over time, as they have gone on adventures together.

Some suggestions/nitpicks:

"aside from the sequel to that first Duck Tales game".

"even for being as old as he is" -> "even for his respectable age"

"His most notable recent appearance was in Kingdom Hearts 2, in which he is said to have helped King Mickey develop the space transit system which links the worlds together, and a fondness for sea salt ice cream."

"he actually has two famous relations" sounds like he's had sex in public - twice.

Are you an uncle "to" or "of" your nephew?

"Though initally unenthusiastic and harsh towards all of his nephews, their relationship has softened quite a bit over the many hours spent on adventures together."

I'm sure Polo has even better suggestions though. I'm just a silly Swede. :P

Edited by Dafydd

"he actually has two famous relations" sounds like he's had sex in public - twice.

That just made my day. Good points all around. I'll wait and see what Polo has to say, and post a revision after that.

Edit: Two things.

1. Launchpad is not related (by blood) to Scrooge. He's just his stalwart personal pilot. I remembered that from the cartoon, but I also went and checked just to be safe. The reason I didn't include him is because then I'd have to get into the rest of the cast of Ducktales, and that's a longer bio than I thought was necessary.

2. I was actually pondering whether I can delineate the triplets as one relative or whether they needed to be separately counted. I went for the first option on a coin toss, but I might change it to several to avoid confusion if necessary.

Edited by Darklink42

Got a tiny bit done. Using Polo's Ryu bio as a guide.

Trying to find Juri's backstory is kinda hard since 1) she is a new character and 2) street fighter + story writing/exposition = lol, so this may take a tiny bit.

Here is what I have done so far :) :

ocr_mascot_153.png

Juri

Article by: Arek The Absolute

Pictured from: Super Street Fighter IV

Created by: Capcom

First appearance: 2010

Bio

Beautiful, enticing, and deadly, Han Juri is a woman that definitely proves that roses do have thorns. Juri enters the second chapter of Capcom's "Street Fighter IV" with a bang. (I always write intro paragraphs last, so this will be fleshed out more later)

(paragraph one: background "juri works for S.I.N./has some mysterious ties with bison etc)

Juri uses Tae Kwon Do as her fighting style of choice, a first for the Street Fighter scene. Many fans of fighting games will immediately draw parallels to SNK's own Kim Kaphwan, but rest assured, she is has more than enough merits to label her unique, as if Capcom was making her a cross-company foil. While Kim Kaphwan fights for justice and is epitomes honor in every sense of the word, Juri, staying true to her alias of "spider," is cold and merciless, always toying with her prey after decimating them in combat. Compassion is a word that she eliminated from her dictionary long ago.

Not only in demeanor, Juri is far more offensive and crafty, utilizing the "Feng Shui Engine" implanted in her eye to it's fullest extent. She excels both at both close and long-range combat, making her an extremely tricky opponent to fight against. Quick and agile, she is able to rack up combos and confuse her opponents. With the "Feng Shui Engine," she is able to empower her Senpusha (a pinwheel-esque spin move similar to SNK fighters Kim and Jhun Hoon's Han Getsu Zan and Mangetsu Zan, respectively), and is able to keep her opponents at bay using Fuhajin, a technique that allows her to shoot or store fireballs from her feet at three different angles.

(conclusion if necessary)

"No holds barred... It's just what every girl wants."

Selected game appearances

Playstation 3

• Super Street Fighter IV (2010)

Xbox 360

References

----

So yea, that's all I got so far. I will work on getting the back-story soon.

Also, what do you think about this pic for her bio if it was shrunk down?

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np2/ssf4/juri-ssf4-art.jpg

Edited by Arek the Absolute
added urls to references