-introduction soon-

-Bio soon-

NES

Bomberman (1985 Japan, 1987 US)

Bomberman II (1991)

SNES

Super Bomberman (1993)

Super Bomberman 2 (1994)

Super Bomberman 3 (1995) (Japan and Europe only)

Super Bomberman: Panic Bomber World (1995)

Bomberman B-Daman (1996) (Japan only)

Super Bomberman 4 (1996) (Japan only)

Super Bomberman 5 (1997) (Japan only)

Gameboy

Bomber Boy (1990) (Japan only)

Bomberman GB (1994) ("Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman" in North America)

Bomberman GB 2 (1995) (Bomberman GB in North America)

Bomberman GB 3 (1996) (Japan only)

Pocket Bomberman (1997)

Gameboy Color

Pocket Bomberman (1998)

Bomberman Max - Blue: Champion (2000)

Bomberman Max - Red: Challenger (2000)

Virtual Boy

Panic Bomber (1995)

Nintendo 64

Bomberman 64 (1997)

Bomberman Hero (1998)

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack (2000)

Gameboy Advance

Bomberman Tournament (2001)

Bomberman Max 2: Blue Advance (2002)

Bomberman Max 2: Red Advance (2002)

Bomberman Jetters (????)

Bomberman (2004)

Gamecube

Bomberman Generation (2003)

Bomberman Jetters (2004)

Nintendo DS

Bomberman DS (2005)

Sega Genesis

Mega Bomberman (1995)

Sega Saturn

Saturn Bomberman Fight!! (1996)

Saturn Bomberman (1997)

Bomberman Wars (1998)

Sega Dreamcast

Bomberman Online (2001)

Playstation

Bomberman

Bomberman World (1998)

PlayStation 2

Bomberman Kart (2001)

Bomberman Land 2 (2003)

Net De Bomberman (2004)

Bomberman Land 3 (2005)

Bomberman Hardball (2005)

PlayStation Portable

Bomberman: Panic Bomber (TBA)

PC

Atomic Bomberman (2001)

Online Bomberman (2003)

Bomberman Collection (2003)

PC Engine

Bomberman (1991)

Bomberman '93 (1993)

Bomberman '94 (1994)

Bomberman: Panic Bomber (1994)

N-Gage

Bomberman (2005)

Sharp X68000

Bomberman (1990)

Mobile Phones

Bomberman (????)

Bomberman Special (????)

Super Bomberman (????)

-

Something like that?

EDIT:

Added more games, added years, added consoles.

First off, there's no need to claim 3 characters at once. Second, Link is already claimed, that picture is from LA or something, not WW, and I don't want a separate bio for each of the Zelda games, not even on the same page. Supreme Spleen, since you claimed Link first, it falls upon you to write a bio that connects the games by mentioning what the games' stories and plots have in common and what they do not. Notable exceptions and various examples are welcome. I really don't see the point in writing several paragraphs on how Link grew up in every single game in the series, nor do I want us to provide that. That is for specialized Link/Zelda/whatever fansites to provide.

As for Bomberman, good job on looking up his every game! Does he really not appear in one single game that doesn't carry his name? Anyway, unless you've looked at a million sites to look all of those games up, I'd really want you to post url's to where you found the list info. And yes, that's what I want the list to look like, only when we're finished it'll be on the right hand side of the page. Also, I think it's be better if you sorted the games into consological groups, year of release for each game, etc. Like this:

Console A (Console groups in Alphabetical order)

Game 1 (YYYY) (Cronological order within console groups)

Game 2 (YYYY)

Console B

Game 1 (YYYY)

etc.

Right now you have three "Bomberman"s after the other and 5 in total on the list and you have no idea which one is which. Also, make sure you're not listing both Japanese and American titles as separate games.

When you're finished with your bio, please edit your own post instead of posting the bio somewhere else later. This will simplify our work, and is something I should write in the guidelines now that I think of it. Don't forget to look up links to good Bomberman fansites, and hopefully, some official bomberman/manufacturer site. The names of the manufacturers should then be links to their sites.

EDIT: I have been thinking about the game lists. Maybe I'm just being stupid but it sort of feels like we'd be better off with list of games that are remixed than listing every single game a character's been in. Opinions?

I'll do. Just to make sure it ends up being the way I want it to be. :) Honestly, I understand some of my instructions might be a little bit... unclear. I shall therefore as soon as possible post a bio that everyone can use as a reference (I was planning on a Mega Man one). Also, I and Surpreme Spleen have agreed that it might be a better idea to list only games that have remixes on the site instead of a full game list. Just because they're not on the list, however, doesn't mean we don't mention them.

I think it is very important to list all of the games the character has been in. Maybe the ones that have remixes could be highlighted or marked.

I don't think it's that important at all. Selected games would be fine. Look at that Bomberman post. He's been in way too many games. Four or five games that the mascot has been in would be better. There's no need to add on all that extra bloat. :roll:

Maybe the ones that have remixes could be highlighted or marked.
This was the original idea, but then... Bomberman. And then I thought "Mario... hmm. :? ... 8O ".
The list of games featuring Mario would be about five miles long.
So that's why I thought of not listing every single one. Mario... How many games has he been in, really? ... nevermind. We'll do without. But I still want all games with remixes on the lists, even if that character only shows up in an easter egg. Maybe that would be too difficult, but I'd want it.

As for Rexy, go ahead. Anyone is allowed to make bios, but I will give you no guarantee that they will actually be used in the end. Also, if a character has been taken doesn't mean you're not allowed to help out. I just didn't want several people wasting their time on the same character independently. Initially, however, I'd prefer to see that the bios are being made by one person at a time. We'll get complicated later. :wink: If you want to know if a character has been taken, and don't feel like reading through the whole thread, just search for the characters name within the thread. Sonic hadn't been mentioned before you did, so he wasn't taken yet. Good luck. I still need to work on my Mega Man bio.

Yeah, but those are all just games with Mario as the main character, right? He must have APPEARED in more games than that. :)

added more stuff, followed some rules.
lol :lol:

Wow, you really worked hard on the bomberman thingy. Maybe we could have a link to your full list, but not have it printed out like that on the main bio page. Just so you haven't done all that work for nothing I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, sorry for the long wait. Here comes an experimental character bio. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Obviously, if there's anything in here that's really WRONG, please tell me.

Doom Trooper

id Software

ocr4_mascot71.jpg

Little is known about the Doom Trooper, especially for being the main character of one of the most widely known computer games series ever - Doom. *To be removed* The first game in the series was a 3D shooter released when PC gaming was considered a geek thing, and when 3D gaming was something most people had never even heard of. Its relatively massive amount of relatively realistic and raw depictions of violence and gore made parents and authorities furious when it was released in 1993, and it *new stuff* Most know him by little other than the sound of his voice, the smile on his face whenever he fires his gun, the blood under his nose when he starts to feel beat up, and the green of his spacesuit whenever a level has been completed. The series has been accused of being the source of inspiration for many violent acts over the past decade since the release of "Doom" in 1993. The game was a success, however, and a sequel was released only the following year. After a long wait of ten years, an acclaimed threequel, Doom 3, featuring a re-telling of the original story, was released.

A marine transferred to a radioactive waste facility on Mars after assaulting a superior officer, the Doom trooper spent his days watching movies, until, one day, the inter-space gateways between Mars' moons started spitting out monsters into the bases there. Being part of the only military force on the planet, he was sent up to defend what he could - and that's where you come in.

The Doom Trooper has found his niche in his own series and has only been found in one other place - in a secret area in Duke Nukem 3D.

Quote: "Hgnn!" (or is that the quake grunt?)

Sources used:

Planet Doom

MobyGames

The Easter Egg Archive

Selected games:

PC:

Doom (1993)

Doom II (1994)

Doom 3 (2004)

LT Edit: Doom 2 is 1994; I'll fix that in the near future. Thanks.

I know it's short, but there's really not that much else to write, I don't think. Not about this guy. Of course, if anyone wants to fill me in on important stuff that I've left out, or inform me about something in here that's not true, then go ahead.

The game was a 3D shooter released when PC gaming was considered a geek thing, and when 3D gaming was something most people had never heard of, and the game's relatively massive amount of raw violence and gore made parents and authorities furious when it was released in 1993 and has been accused of being the source of inspiration for many violent acts over the past decade.

Pretty long run-on sentence. Other than that, the bio does a good job in covering most of the basics. After all, the Doom trooper is not exactly the deepest character.

Good luck with the project, guys!

• 2 weeks later...
So anyway, is this project still going anywhere? Looks like 11 days of inactivity. Let's try to make some progress gentlemen.

Quoted for emphasis. Not to step on DS or Dafydd's toes, but would it be helpful to cross-promote the project and bring more people aboard that way, say at GameFAQs or GamingForce? What about locating/contacting reputable fan-sites to see if you can copy some bios (and of course include the appropriate linkage back to them)? What about using Wikipedia? It seems like a rough deal trying to handle this with anything less than 10-12 dedicated people.

Er... yes. Especially since everyone on the team until now seem to have forgotten about something called school and are all now nibbling on our dedicated OCR hours to, in a sense, securing our economical future. Hm. Not to mention our genetical legacy. :-D Anyway, yeah, I need more people to help me out, obviously. I'm very aware of the current situation and the need for a change. Being a coordinator, not to mention a mere project member, is proving to be more difficult than I thought. I need to get my daily schedule sorted out better. To anyone who reads this, ANYONE is welcome to post bios. My job, I still think, is to moderate those bios to fit a certain concept, not to single-handedly write every one of them. And at least two positions on the main team are open. Come and fetch.

Well yeah, I should have finished this sooner but I still have something to slip in nonetheless. Apologies O.o

Sonic the Hedgehog

SEGA

ocr4_mascot8.jpg

Sonic is the mascot character for SEGA (replacing Alex Kidd in 1991), thus having featured in a series of videogames established by said videogame corporation. The games were often seen going head-to-head against those of Nintendo's Mario series from the first game's exposure through to SEGA's departure from the console market, and since then Sonic's adventures were moved onto other consoles. Most gamers know him by his cobalt blue body, his faster-than-the-speed-of-sound running and his rolling jump and spinning attacks. Sonic also doesn't have one set timeline; several variations of his story were seen since the first game's release, whether seen in the earlier titles, the comic strips, publications in the US/UK, the movie, its 4 TV shows or the post-Sonic Adventure titles.

The basic storyline for the games themselves show Dr Ivo Robotnik (later referred as Dr Eggman from Sonic Adventure onwards) developing a scheme to take over the world, and it's up to Sonic to put a stop to him by going through many levels (often referred to as "acts") to reach his goal. On top of that, collecting the Chaos Emeralds (usually seven) in the game's "Special Stages" would bring the player to the game's good ending sequences.

Within his time, Sonic was shown to have surprassed Mario on various occasions, and has even showed light cameos in other SEGA exclusives and an episode of The Simpsons, as well as having a fruit fly embryonic development gene named after him.

Source:

Wikipedia page

Sonic has appeared in many games, but those that have been covered for remixing are as follows:

SEGA GENESIS

Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992)

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (1994)

Sonic & Knuckles (1994)

Sonic Crackers (never got released, but was made in 1994)

Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) (1996)

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Master System) (1992)

SEGA CD

Sonic CD (1993)

SEGA GAME GEAR

Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (1994)

SEGA SATURN

Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) (1996)

SEGA DREAMCAST

Sonic Adventure (1998)

Sonic Adventure 2 (2001)

Well yeah, I should have finished this sooner but I still have something to slip in nonetheless. Apologies O.o

Sonic the Hedgehog

SEGA

ocr4_mascot8.jpg

Sonic is the mascot character for SEGA (replacing Alex Kidd in 1991), thus having featured in a series of videogames established by said videogame corporation. The games were often seen going head-to-head against those of Nintendo's Mario series from the first game's exposure through to SEGA's departure from the console market, and since then Sonic's adventures were moved onto other consoles. Most gamers know him by his cobalt blue body, his faster-than-the-speed-of-sound running and his rolling jump and spinning attacks. Sonic also doesn't have one set timeline; several variations of his story were seen since the first game's release, whether seen in the earlier titles, the comic strips, publications in the US/UK, the movie, its 4 TV shows or the post-Sonic Adventure titles.

The basic storyline for the games themselves show Dr Ivo Robotnik (later referred as Dr Eggman from Sonic Adventure onwards) developing a scheme to take over the world, and it's up to Sonic to put a stop to him by going through many levels (often referred to as "acts") to reach his goal. On top of that, collecting the Chaos Emeralds (usually seven) in the game's "Special Stages" would bring the player to the game's good ending sequences.

Within his time, Sonic was shown to have surprassed Mario on various occasions, and has even showed light cameos in other SEGA exclusives and an episode of The Simpsons, as well as having a fruit fly embryonic development gene named after him.

Source:

Wikipedia page

Sonic has appeared in many games, but those that have been covered for remixing are as follows:

SEGA GENESIS

Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992)

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (1994)

Sonic & Knuckles (1994)

Sonic Crackers (never got released, but was made in 1994)

Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) (1996)

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Master System) (1992)

SEGA CD

Sonic CD (1993)

SEGA GAME GEAR

Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (1994)

SEGA SATURN

Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) (1996)

SEGA DREAMCAST

Sonic Adventure (1998)

Sonic Adventure 2 (2001)

How...comprehensive. :nicework:

Toad

Nintendo

ocr4_mascot39.jpg

Toad hails from the Super Mario Bros. series of games. He is a citizen of the Mushroom Kingdom and is a retainer of its royal family, of which the famous Princess Toadstool is a member. In Japan he is known as "Kinopio."

Toad first appeared in Super Mario Bros., greeting Mario after all but the last of the boss battles with Bowser. His recurrent words at these points in the game are now famous: "Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!"

He first appeared under the name "Toad" as a playable character in Super Mario Bros. 2. His agility, weak jumps, and swiftness in picking up objects made him unique among the other playble characters.

Toad's personality is elaborated upon in Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 (N64, 1996). In the former, he offered help and advice to Mario as he explored Princess "Peach" Toadstool's nearly deserted castle, and in the latter his voice was heard a number of times. In each, he is childishly peppy and encouraging, virtually never showing an unhappy moment; this is evident in his cries of "yahoo!" during races in the latter and his constant, energetic hopping in the former.

In many games in which he appears, Toad is a non-player character, much like Princess Toadstool. Indeed, he is found often at the Princess's side playing a similar role in gameplay.

Toad's soft, goofy appearance and delightful disposition make him a hallmark of the Super Mario Bros. series.

Some Primary Appearences:

Super Mario Bros. (NES, 1985)

Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES, 1988)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, 1990)

Wario's Woods (SNES, 1993)

Super Mario Kart (SNES, 1992)

Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA, 2001)

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (GC, 2003)

Mario Golf (N64, 1999)

Mario Tennis (N64, 2000)

Sources:

Mario Mania - "Toad"

Wikipedia - "Toad"

The Mario Series Character Guide

A glorious thanks to your contribution. Again, it doesn't really matter that the bio isn't perfect - I know mine isn't. We will moderate it to fit the model bio later on. It seems good enough for now. I added the game company link and year of "birth". I really don't have time to change the game names into links just yet.