OCR Mascot Bios - 20 more up for grabs!

Dafydd

Since most of my team seems to have deserted me, I guess you could take any one you want. I may be somewhat picky on a Zelda bio or such, however (for reasons mentioned a few pages ago). Other than that, pick anyone you like. I'd prefer to see some coverage on the less-commonly known characters, but for now, you can just dig and pick at will. Remember, we're in the collecting stage, and any submission is welcome. Just remember it's all subject to moderation etc. Post, post, post!

... Sweet sig, btw.

Okay, here we go.

Diddy Kong

NINTENDO

ocr4_mascot60.jpg

Diddy Kong was originally a Rare created character for the hit SNES game Donkey Kong Country, where he took the role as Donkey Kong’s friend and sidekick. After losing their banana horde to the vile Kremlings, headed up by King K. Rool, both Diddy and Donkey went on an adventure across DK Island to reclaim their treasure.

In his games, Diddy can be viewed as the equivalent to Luigi from the Mario franchise- less powerful than the main protagonist Donkey, but a faster and more flexible character in terms of movement.

Since the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy Diddy has gone on to star in many other games as either a cameo or one of the main characters, the most iconic of which would be Rare’s Diddy Kong Racing for the Nintendo 64 in 1997. In this game Diddy had a whole new franchise created around him, also featuring the debut of other important characters such as Banjo and Conker. Diddy also had a main role to play in Donkey Kong 64 in 1999, the spiritual sequel to the Country series, alongside Donkey Kong and company.

After Microsoft’s takeover of Rare in 2002, Diddy Kong has been used in games by Nintendo and its companies, such as Mario’s sport games in the GameCube, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Mario Power Tennis. Namco has used him in their Donkey Konga series. His original series, the Country games, have also been resurrected by Nintendo and Rare on the Game Boy Advance.

Quote: "Whoa!"

Source:

Wikipedia Page

Games Diddy Kong has appeared in:

SNES

Donkey Kong Country (1994)

Donkey Kong Country 2 (1995)

Donkey Kong Country 3 (1996)

NINTENDO 64

Diddy Kong Racing (1997)

Donkey Kong 64 (1999)

GAME BOY

Donkey Kong Land (1995)

Donkey Kong Land 2 (1996)

Donkey Kong Land 3 (1997)

Donkey Kong Country (2000)

GAME BOY ADVANCE

Donkey Kong Country (2003)

Donkey Kong Country 2 (2004)

DK: King of Swing (2005)

Donkey Kong Country 3 (2005)

GAMECUBE

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (2003)

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (2003)

Donkey Konga (2004)

Mario Power Tennis (2004)

Donkey Konga 2 (2005)

Mario Superstar Baseball (2005)

Diddy Kong may have not been a character in DKC 3, but he did appear in the story (this applies for DKL 3 as well). You can add or remove this depending on what you want.

And another.

Joanna Dark

RARE

ocr4_mascot46.jpg

Joanna Dark is a highly skilled secret agent working for the Carrington Institute, the heroine of Rare’s gritty cyberpunk game franchise Perfect Dark. Her codename, of which the game is named after, comes from the fact that she passed her training missions with such finesse that the creation of a higher training grade was necessary. As of the initial game in the Perfect Dark franchise, Joanna is 23 years and 2 months old.

The first game in the series, Perfect Dark, was released for the Nintendo 64 in 2000 and told of Joanna’s first assignment as a Carrington agent. She is presented with the task to find and extract Dr Caroll from the headquarters of multinational corporation dataDyne undetected and unharmed. With the advent of new information about the shady dataDyne company, however, both Joanna and the Carrington Institute eventually discover a vast scheme that will determine the fate of the human race.

Joanna often works closely with her comrades and fellow agents such as Jonathan, a more experienced agent than Joanna who infiltrates dataDyne’s bases to gain inside information. Daniel Carrington, the founder of Carrington Institute and Joanna’s superior, oversees missions carried out by the CI agents and communicates with unexpected allies throughout the first game.

The Perfect Dark franchise, described as the spiritual successor to Rare’s classic GoldenEye 007, is small overall but has garnered reverence throughout the gaming community due to its enthralling single player story and open ended multiplayer mode, which still holds up today in some aspects. A prequel to the original, titled Perfect Dark Zero, was a launch title for the Xbox 360.

Quote: "Time to hook up with Jonathan, before he gets into any more trouble."

Source:

Perfect Dark Instruction Booklet

Perfect Dark Wikipedia Page

Perfect Dark Recon

Games Joanna Dark has appeared in:

NINTENDO 64

Perfect Dark (2000)

GAME BOY COLOUR

Perfect Dark (2000)

Yes, I spelt colour with a 'u'. Take that, American bastards :wink: .

MegaMan/Rockman

CAPCOM

ocr4_mascot6.jpg

Megaman was created in 1987 by Kenji Inafune, a new artist from an unheard of company called Capcom. Megaman was first relaesed in a limited number in Japan, because the Marketing team at Capcom feared the gane would not be very popular. The only problem was, that the game became enormously popular, and stores could not keep up with demand. in 1993 Capcom had plenty of expirience making games for the SNES and Decided to try and bring their star into the future. and so, MegaMan X/Rockman X was born. Megaman and Megaman X are both action platform games. "without Megaman I honestly don't know where capcom would be today." says one of the Gamespy staff.

In the game, megaman was created by Dr. Thomas Light. he was the third robot to be created of his kind. the first was megaman's brother protoman. the second, was his sister Roll.

mega man has had at least one game on all but one of the nintendo consoles.

NES

mega Man

Mega ManII

Mega ManIII

Mega Man IV

Mega ManV

Mega Man VI 1993

SEGA GENESIS

Mega Man: Wily Wars 1994

SNES

Mega Man VII 1995

Mega Man Soccer 1994

Mega Man X 1993

Mega Man X2 1994

Mega Man X3 1995

GB

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge 1991

Mega Man II 1991

Mega Man III 1992

Mega Man IV 1993

Mega Man V 1994

GBA

Rock Man&Forte 1999

PLAYSTATION

Mega ManVIII 1995

Mega Man x4 1997

source:

Mega Man Outpost

Thanks! Again, I can't stress this times enough, ALL bios are subject to moderation, so if it ends up being somewhat different from your original one, well...

To be honest, your bio was a little too much about the game, and too little about Mega Man. There's 5 rows on the game and how successful it was and only one or two lines on who Mega Man really is. More story, more descriptions of the actual gameplay. It's also pretty short for being about such an important and well-known character. I had a Mega Man bio going on myself but I thought it wasn't good enough for posting... Anyway. Please edit it somewhat to fit the guidelines given here. It needn't be perfect, but it'd save us a lot of work if you only helped us a wee bit more in that direction. Thank you.

MegaMan/Rockman

CAPCOM

ocr4_mascot6.jpg

Mega man was created in 1987 by Kenji Inafune, a new artist from an unheard of company called Capcom. Mega man was first released in a limited number in Japan, because the Marketing team at Capcom feared the game would not be very popular. The only problem was that the game became enormously popular, and stores could not keep up with demand. In 1993 Capcom had plenty of experience making games for the SNES and Decided to try and bring their star into the future. And so, Mega Man X/Rock man X was born. Mega man and Mega man X are both action platform games. "Without Mega man I honestly don't know where Capcom would be today." says one of the Game spy staff.

In the game, mega man was created by Dr. Thomas Light. He was the third robot to be created of his kind. The first was Mega Man’s brother Proto man. The second was his sister Roll. Mega Man was first built, to keep Dr. light company, but was soon rebuilt as a fighting robot to stop Wily’s evil plans to take over the world. Mega Man has foiled the plane of Dr. wily on more than 8 occasions, but the seventh time, he met his rival. Bass was buit by Dr. Wily from a material he calls Bassanium. Dr. Wily discovered the metal by accident, and found it to be stronger than any metal yet discovered. Mega man and Bass have fought on and off through out the games since his appearance.

NES

mega Man

Mega Man II

Mega Man III

Mega Man IV

Mega Man V

Mega Man VI 1993

SEGA GENESIS

Mega Man: Wily Wars 1994

SNES

Mega Man VII 1995

Mega Man X 1993

Mega Man X2 1994

Mega Man X3 1995

GB

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge 1991

Mega Man II 1991

Mega Man III 1992

Mega Man IV 1993

Mega Man V 1994

GBA

Mega Man & Bass [/url 2002

PLAYSTATION

Mega Man VIII 1995

Mega Man x4 1997

source:

Mega Man Outpost

the Mega Man Home Page

the Mega Man Network

fixed, is that better?

Yeah... better. But it's still too focused on little details like Roll and Bassanium - there's no mentioning of the more important elements of the Mega Man series, like the robot masters or Mega Man's rather unique ability to gain the powers of his slain enemies, nor who Dr. Wily is, and nothing about Mega Man X (yes, he'll have his own bio, but he should be mentioned somewhere in his younger brother's one, but not in his games list!) - and so on.

You know what,

just let it slide for a while. Mega Man is one of the more difficult characters to write about, because there's so much information and no knowing what to tell and what not to. Try another character, I'd especially appreciate one on a more obscure character that few people know anything about. Maybe you do! You mentioned Ness... or try to finish the Bomberman Bio that someone started a few pages back. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hm. Well, no progress in a long time, despite my attempts to get my sig image around the forums. Maybe I scared everyone off by having comments on the way the Mega Man bio was written. :oops: I'm working on a few bios myself but being the coordinator it feels kind of stupid to post bios I'm not very happy with myself.

There is a drawback: Site Projects doesn't get as much readership as Gen Disc. Just an observation.

Yeah...

• Aight this is my bio
  • STRIDER

• Capcom 1989
  • ECDstrider.jpg

• Strider is a sidescrolling arcade game created in 1989 by Capcom. You took the role as a futuristic Ninja, known as Hiryu, or to some as Strider Hiryu. The object of the game was to travel the globe (From the rooftops of Moscow, to the jungles of the Amazon, and even to a space Station high above the blue skies) The mission of the game, was to kill the evil Entity Grandmaster Meio, that watched Earth from a far off Galaxy...He decided to rule it, and has made a Space Station between Earth and the Moon known as the "Third Moon" Hiryu had to fight countless of warriors (From animals, robots, humans, and even Amazon women!) The sword that Hiryu wield, is a plasma sword known as a Cipher called "Falchion" It moved so fast, that everytime you swung the Cipher, it appeared as a crescent moon. The game also had power-ups (From Health, and making your Cipher stronger) But, the most unique power-ups were 2 robotic allies: A Leopard and a Hawk. The game was ported to over many home video game systems. The best one, and perhaps the most famous, is the 8-Meg Geneis Version. Yes, there was a NES Version of Strider, but it had nothing to do with the Arcade one.
  • Hiryu was the youngest Strider to ever reach A-Rank. He is an expert assassin, and it is said that no one is more skilled with a cipher. He fights like a fierce God, displaying the skills of an A-Rank Strider clearly, while remaining calm and collected. Also, Hiryu did leave the Striders for a while, but this peaceful life didnt remain for long...As he was once pulled back in the dark world of the Striders

• There is one known Strider Remix on OC ReMix
  • Sega Genesis

• Strider (1990)
  • Source

http://lscmainframe.topcities.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strider_(arcade_game)

• Myself

Recuit Smoke to do a Megaman bio and Zeality for any CT bios.

Wingsoftime and I are also avid Megaman players.....

What a bum.

Sure, but are you the completely obsessed drooling fanboy with a huge collection Mega Man memorabilia, along with every single Mega Man game that has ever been released anywhere in the world? :P

Yes, and almost.

Also, nice sig.

Having the edit button right next to the quote is really wierd. I gotta get used to that over here...or else I will be editing other's posts >.>

Maybe this is the moderator's job, I don't know, but Physchotic_Ninja - There is a number of things I'd like to point out about your contribution;

1. Is the character's name "Strider", "Hiryu", or "Strider Hiryu"? The name on top should be the character's name, not the name of the game he was in (unless they are both the same)

2. Please do not use images taken from other sites. Use the mascot images found on page 1 in this thread.

3. Please make links out of the URL:s, and the names of the games remixed, and the company name, so you can click them and end up at the URL / game remixes page / company website.

4. The bio text is full of tense changes and sentences lacking periods, making it difficult to read and enjoy. This also applies to the fact that detailed info is merged together with basic info in a most unsatisfying way.

Try to leave out less important stuff like "It moved so fast, that everytime you swung the Cipher, it appeared as a crescent moon" and "...and it is said that no one is more skilled with a cipher. He fights like a fierce God, displaying the skills of an A-Rank Strider clearly, while remaining calm and collected." Not only is it overkill info that might be better off on a dedicated fansite for this character, but it also feels like something that was written to impress a 12-year old.

The reaction the project aims to give the readers is something like "oh, so THAT's how it is..." rather than "Dude, awesome!" and to be an appetizer that includes links to the main dish (and perhaps not the dessert) rather than a full dinner. :) The links at the bottom are there not only for verification purposes, but also so that people who are really interested in finding out more about the character can do so without having to do the tedious work of finding a good fansite.

Also, try to avoid things like "Yes, there was a NES Version of Strider, but it had nothing to do with the Arcade one" and try something like "There was also a NES version of Strider, but it was a whole new game rather than a port."

This; "Hiryu did leave the Striders for a while, but this peaceful life didnt remain for long...As he was once pulled back in the dark world of the Striders" on the other hand, gives the reader too little info. I'm left with the questions "how?" and "why?"

6. Try to use a somewhat more structured... structure. First, introduce the character - who is he, what are his weapons and friends etc. Then, try to summarize the background behind the game without spoiling the entire storyline. I realize it's difficult, but I know you can to better than this.