OCR Mascot Bios - 20 more up for grabs!

Dafydd

I think you can use '''*''' to write asterisks in wikis without them turning into bullet points (that's how they do it on wikipedia, anyway). It also seems the character stays an asterisk if immediately preceded or succeeded by a non-whitespace symbol, e.g. a comma, or the number 3:

Fallout 3*
In general, though, I prefer using numbers for footnote references rather than abitrary symbols like asterisks and crosses.

I'm pretty sure the fact the Xbox doesn't list the ReMix is just an oversight, though, since that same ReMix is listed by both the PS3 and Windows ports of the game, and afaik the soundtrack is identical in all ports. I've informed the staff about it and it should be fixed shortly.

It's odd that, when you checked the versions of Fallout 3 to link in the bio, PS3 was listed, and Windows wasn't, because the Windows version of the game has game id 622 in the database, and the PS3 version has game id 623, indicating it was added later (despite the fact that the first and so far only ReMix of that game lists itself as being a PS3 ReMix). Odder still that the Windows version was then updated to list the ReMix (apparently a while later) and the Xbox version was still left out in the cold.

Edited by Dafydd

Got some news, but for some reason, I've lost permission to change the thread title...

Anyway, we are going to have some new mascots added soon, and we have been tasked with suggesting "a few". Can you think of any particularly deserving character (especially from games that have a lot of ReMixes on the site) that aren't belong to Square-Enix?

Edited by Dafydd

Assuming the blue Tap Runner is still on djp's to-do list and will be added eventually, I suggest the following to help fill out the X-tinged void...

[EDIT]

individual:

Cave Story - Quote (2 games [on the Wii as well as Windows], 6 mixes [1 listed under both games])

Dizzy series - Dizzy (the egg) (1 game, 1 mix)

Duke Nukem (1 game, 1 mix)

Fire Emblem - Marth or Roy (2 games, 2 mixes for Marth; 1 game, 1 mix for Roy)

Golden Axe - Tyris Flare or Gilius Thunderhead (3 games, 4 mixes [2 listed under 2 games])

Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle - Bernard (2 games, 4 mixes)

Mortal Kombat - Liu Kang or Shang Tsung (3 games, 1 mix listed under all 3)

Shantae (1 mix, 1 game)

Streets of Rage - Axel Stone or Blaze Fielding (3 games, 20 mixes [1 listed under 2 games])

Ys - Adol Christin (1 game, 1 mix)

as a group:

Banjo-Kazooie - Banjo and Kazooie (1 game, 3 mixes)

Battletoads (3 games, 4 mixes)

Cheetahmen (1 game, 2 mixes)

Double Dragon - Billy and Jimmy Lee (6 games, 9 mixes)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (3 games, 10 mixes)

I'm okay with the following from last time:

Contra - Bill Rizer (2 games, 5 mixes)

Legend of the Mystical Ninja - Goemon (2 games, 5 mixes)

Q*bert (1 game, 1 mix)

Rygar (1 game, 5 mixes)

I would also like to withdraw my nomination for Luna from the Lunar series (I remembered we already have Nall representing those games) and replace her with Master Chief from the Halo series (2 games, 7 mixes).

[/EDIT]

(also, Dafydd, it's particularly, not particularily. ;-))

Edited by Polo
Dafydd's request

Got some news, but for some reason, I've lost permission to change the thread title...

Anyway, we are going to have some new mascots added soon, and we have been tasked with suggesting "a few". Can you think of any particularily deserving character (especially from games that have a lot of ReMixes on the site) that aren't belong to Square-Enix?

Django from Boktai. There's only one mix from a single game on the site, but hey. It's there.

300px-DjangoWithSword.jpg

Edited by Mirby

Like I said, we only get to suggest a few, and even those aren't guaranteed to make it. I think that's enough for now. :tomatoface:

I'm gonna be an ass and ask all of you who suggested mascots to edit your posts and list next to each mascot the number of games they're in that have remixes on the site, as well as the total number of remixes (neither number needs to be exact), just to give me an idea of why it should be a mascot.

(also, Dafydd, it's particularly, not particularily. ;-))

Thanks! It's impossible to pronounce that way, though, now that I really try, haha...

Edited by Dafydd

• 1 month later...