Animusic (3D Music)

Nonamer

Back when I was about eleven or twelve years old, my parents got a DVD called Animusic. We sat down to watch it, and I was blown away with how amazing the graphics and the songs were. This was around 2003 btw, so back then this was high-res stuff. I was especially amazed when I found out it was basically made by two guys.

Looking back, the synths they used are decent (all instruments were MIDI), but for me the visuals and the music still take me back, even in this age of 1080p. I recently bought Animusic 2, which is phenomenal in my book.

Any thoughts on this?

Some examples of their work:

Resonant Chamber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGUQieY5jGA

Harmonic Voltage:

Pipe Dream:

I have both the DVDs and the soundtracks. (not to mention that I re-bought the first DVD when it got a special edition AND re-bought them again when I loaned them out and never got them back. :( )

Still might want to get the Blu-ray and I can't wait for the 3'rd to come out.

My fav pieces are probably the more acoustic ones(Acoustic Curves, Aqua Harp, Resonent Chamber) though I like Stick Figures and Cathedral Pictures. Still want him to do an animation based on The Harvester(one of the tracks on the first CD).

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...