(il)legalsounds Selling OCR Albums

Mirby

Thanks to djmokram for bringing this to my attention. Move this if it needs to be moved.

Check this out.

The site "legal sounds" is selling three OCR albums. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that go against our very own Terms of Use as outlined in the Content Policy?

I've already sent them an email, but if they ignore that, I figured I'd bring it to the attention of everyone here. Just in case.

I recall these same guys were selling the NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming album months back. After we all sent them angry emails, they took down the album.

I think the whole site needs to go down. With these three albums, it shows that they don't give a damn about the Terms of Use. They just want to make money, regardless of the method.

From the website's Legal Info page:

All the materials in the LegalSounds.com music service are available for distribution via Internet according to license ЛС-3М-05-09 of the Russian Multimedia and Internet Society. Under the license agreement, Legalsounds.com pays license fees for all the materials subject to the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights". All the materials are available solely for personal use. Further distribution, resale or broadcasting is prohibited.

So artists, have you received those checks yet?

You are granted no right to copy, distribute or use them otherwise without the prior written consent of the respective owners.

Oh the irony...

P.S. Nice work DjMokram for bringing this to attention.

Dont they need artist permission to sell?

OverClocked ReMix grants all parties a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, universal license to use, redistribute, incorporate into other works, and publicly perform OverClocked ReMixes as long as the following criteria are met:

A.) No profit is made from the exercise of this license. This includes but is not limited to incorporation of OverClocked ReMixes into commercial works, charging or accepting more than the cost of the delivery means or medium(s) for redistributing OverClocked ReMixes, accepting donations and/or offering "Name Your Own Price" options for OverClocked ReMixes, or redistributing OverClocked ReMixes in the context of commercial advertisements. Live performance or playback of OverClocked ReMixes may occur in commercial, for-profit spaces such as stores, private clubs, or other gatherings, so long as no cost is explicitly associated with listening to them and no endorsement of the commercial entity by OverClocked ReMix can be inferred.

NOTHING from this site can be sold, EVER.