OCR01382 - Human Race "Bando alle Seghe"

djpretzel

Amazing. I'm a huge new age/euro/whateveryouwannacallit fan and this song manages to encompass everything i love about the genre. Reminiscant of Enigma, Deep Forest, etc (right down to the drumloop ;)) which is only a good thing in my mind. C64 remixers have some amazing stuff and I'm glad this found its way here.

Nice to see another Kwed remix make its way over to OCR. =D

The first time I downloaded & listened to it, the vocal loop put me off. But I came to realize how well it fits in with the song... which has been one of my favorites for quite a while now. So smooth & groovin' you can't help but chill.

AHHHHHH! I second what Myth has to say. I'm also a huge New Age fan, and suffice it to say that I'm *really* digging this. The arrangement never gets boring, your vocal samps are used brilliantly, and the outcome is flawless. I have not a single complaint. Seriously... I LOVE this! I haven't been this excited about a new mix in quite some time. Kick ass!

(Waits for Gray's review... I'm sure he'll dig it as well.)

Lots of electro-new age mixes lately. We have another one in the panel waiting to be posted. :o I was meaning to vote on this, but I forgot.

I think the keyword of the day here is slick. While I'm personally uncomfortable with the use of loops, thankfully the rest of the mix and the supporting elements are fantastic. The famous enigma loop is still pretty damn sweet though.

I really like the texture of the mix, and the instrumentation is just wonderful. Production is superlative, everything just clicks and sits well in the mix. Tite.

Quite amazing. My only complaint is about the drumloops. But the instrumentation is pure fun. It´s curious. My favourite part is when the vocals did some panning effect. The beginning get a rest to do a relevant part at 00:48. I love it, very ethnic and electronic. Overall, this is a great ReMix. I will look for some New Age stuff, because I liked what I found now.

First off, I would like to say great work :)

However, can we get a link to the original (not re-encoded) version? I would just like to see how much of a difference there are; there's some parts that sound a bit more staticky, not sure if it's intentional. It's not to the point of grating, but I was just wondering if it was due to the samples used or the encoding.

Awesome. Some 2-3 years ago I was making a game (get it here: http://www.chispito.com/~guio/Ram/HQ.zip ) and I needed some midi music... So I find this really good tune for a game called "Human Race" that I've never heard of before.. So I decided to use it..

And that's the same song that's remixed here, it's wonderful! Anyway, I don't know about the technical aspects of the song, but it's good, I'll keep listening to it even if I had never heard the "original" before.

YES! I loves me some DHS. Subtune 1 (Infected Edit) from Apidya is one of my favorite songs, and this song right here looks like it's going to join the ranks.

Such a sweet beat; feels slightly indian, which is always nice for a guy like me. Groovy beats, awesome soundscape, perfect production. I love it.

In other news, I've removed two posts from this review thread. I ask that forum members only post their comments about this mix, rather than taking a potshot at the judges panel or providing a rebuttal thereof. :roll:

Any further discussion can be taken to PM.

YES! I loves me some DHS. Subtune 1 (Infected Edit) from Apidya is one of my favorite songs, and this song right here looks like it's going to join the ranks.

Such a sweet beat; feels slightly indian, which is always nice for a guy like me. Groovy beats, awesome soundscape, perfect production. I love it.

In other news, I've removed two posts from this review thread. I ask that forum members only post their comments about this mix, rather than taking a potshot at the judges panel or providing a rebuttal thereof. :roll:

Any further discussion can be taken to PM.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Shael and Liontamer both: take it to PM and keep it there. Two sets of posts have been moved to Abuse.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01382 - Human Race "Bando alle Seghe"