OCR01382 - Human Race "Bando alle Seghe"

djpretzel

I will admit this, that when I first listened to this piece, I greatly disliked it. I had actually told the person I was talking with at the moment that I found it rather sad what some people passed off as music nowadays. But...

That was... in error. I listened to it, and something made me listen to it again. I don't know what, or why, but I desire to hear it again, and so I repeated it. The second time through, I again thought it was a poor piece, but I started liking some of the parts which I thought were out of place at first, and by the end of it, I actually thought it was a relatively acceptable mix, though perhaps not quite a style I preferred.

I repeated it again.

It was odd... That is the best way to put it. I've stopped listening to it as I do with many mixes, stopped turning a critical ear towards it to listen for the good and the bad, and have simply let myself hear it, which is something I find difficult to do with music.

The music, the vocal samples, even the "ahh" at 0:45 and 3:10, which I at first thought to be a terrible addition, especially as the music seems to nearly stop, it all flows so well together.

DHS, you've put together a wonderful piece. It is both simple and complex at once. There are so few different vocal samples in it, but I feel that there is nothing which could replace them without, at the very least, changing the piece in its entirety, if not ruining it completely.

DHS, excellent work.

Be Well, and Blessed Be.

Wowza. This is a really great song, the first I've bothered taking the time to post about. Every element seems to just ... fit, even the the sliced-up vocals (which remind me of a track from Age of Empires II).

My only complaint would be regarding the simpler part of the song, around 3:02, but it's almost worth it just to hear the song kick in again, full force, at 3:49. Man, that flute...

I have to say I never downloaded songs from games I'd never played before, let alone heard of, but I decided recently to start doing so and I'm glad I did. This tune is truly awesome. When the beat came in at about 0.48 I immediately thought of Enigma, gave my skin a heat rash from the adrenlin pumping throuh it. Its funny how music can do that to you sometimes. Excellent track.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

great panning vocal synth chopping to start out, and though the beat remains pretty static throughout, it's interesting enough to not be completely dull.

The bassline and other tuned rhythmic instruments overcome the loop's curshing sameness.

Nice celebration of just having a refreshing beverage at 3:10.

Overall a pretty well done mix with some good ideas, but it's brought down by that single drumloop. Still very listenable though. :-)

Pretty cool beginning with the sequenced synth. I'm a bit torn on the voices at the beginning, probably because they're so exposed. Once things kick in at :48 with the beat and bass, though, it suddently all seems to come together. Nice smooth bass underneath an early 90's (?) beat. Nice production throughout... the word smooth comes to mind again - I'm just really digging the general vibe. I thought the delayed flute-ish lead during the breakdown was a nice contrast before everything came back in. Definitely a keeper.

• 5 years later...

"Invitation to Saws"? That's an interesting title (or rather, that's what I got via Google Translate). Bits of the bass in the beginning and during the breakdown sound like muted gulps - they're just contagious and "yummy" enough to make me a little bit hungry. Regarding the chopped-up vocal samples, I'm most attracted to the last one introduced (at 0:30) due to how its vibrato inflection adds an extra lively bounce to the beat. When I'm not chilling out to it, the flute-like lead at 1:26+ sometimes beckons me to whistle along with it (which I do). It sounds more spotty and fleeting at 3:11, which gives it a mythical quality (before returning to "normal" at 3:49).

Transporting stuff.

• 1 year later...

Wow, this is a killer mix! The beat is slightly repetitive, sure, and the chopped vocal clips in the intro may throw some people off (I like them, though), but other than that this is pretty nice track. Really love how light it sounds :) The subtle addition of some world instrumentation is a pretty cool touch. And the break @3:03 definitely helped to keep things interesting. Very good work!

• 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01382 - Human Race "Bando alle Seghe"