OCR02377 - Secret of Evermore "Somber Memory"

djpretzel

Mind-blowingly amazing. The flute - the best piece of this mix for me, hands-down - is just gorgeously emotive, supported by an great arrangement. This was definitely the song from the trailer I was most anxious to hear (and managed to miss at the turntable listening party, lol), and having just listened to the entire song three times, it definitely did not disappoint.

It's a rare opportunity that I find an OC Remix song that genuinely pulls on the heart strings; This is absolutely one of them. You've done something really special here, and I hope many share the same feeling as well. It reminds me so much of the Chrono Cross Soundtrack - Gentle acoustic guitar, appropriate low bass, the flute solo, it has a presence that isn't touched enough in my opinion. Kudos to both audio fidelity and Jennifer, fantastic work.

Wow, just a stupendous arrangement. Thank you for creating such an evocative piece, Jay and Jenny! The arrangement is open and powerful; I particularly like the opening guitar sound that you got, with that hint of reverb shimmering off the guitar. Also, the rhythmic dance section that starts at 1:24 just propels the piece into a great place, and I love how the flute takes those rhythmic, dance-y figurations at that point.

I've already listened to it twice... it just works super well. Congratulations, and thank you!

Farkle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This source has entirely too few remixes? This GAME'S AMAZING SOUNDTRACK has entirely too few remixes... I see why it made it onto Unsung Heroes. This was one of my favorite games growing up, and most of the music I can recall from memory even from then. The Queen's source and the Temple theme were some of my hands down favorites. Thank you for this remix. You have done my memories justice and fanservice the likes of which the cosmos (and unexpectedly-interdimensionally-travelling children and their body-switching pets) have never seen. I hope to see more like this from equally outstanding sources.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02377 - Secret of Evermore "Somber Memory"