Tri-fecta: A Motoi Sakuraba Tribute Album [Recruiting & Refocusing]

SwordBreaker

SoS was just Symphonia and Phantasia

there's more Tales of than just those two :P

Yeah, you're right...but they arguably picked the most popular two Tales games. As I said, I'm trying to go for a certain theme with this album by having Tri-Ace and Tri-Crescendo games since they truly contain great and under-appreciated music. Besides, I don't want to cut in if there's a Summoning of Spirits sequel in the works.

• 2 months later...
Can we get a Star Ocean 1 / First Departure album going into production?

Then if it works out we can move on to 2, or just.... just focus on 1

What do you think we should do Brandon? I'm honestly surprised by the lack of interest even though the initial surge was incredible and overwhelming. I changed the project twice based on the suggestions of the forum goers here and still I'm having difficulty recruiting people let alone managing this. Even the ones who signed up have fallen off the radar despite contacting them several times.

I figure that the easiest thing to do is to open up the project to everything that's Tri-Ace and composed by Motoi, giving goers the freedom to choose whatever track they please, but for some reason that didn't work, too.

I fear that changing the direction of the album again will make things worse, but at this point I'm open to any suggestions that will make interest start up again.

So in essence, you think that going Star Ocean is a good idea? Just the first game? Not a compilation of the best of the Star Ocean series (20 track limit)? Because I don't think a lot of guys here in OCR are huge Star Ocean 1 fans due to the lack of interest.

I'm also thinking of deleting and restarting the whole thread because everyone had a bad taste due to the confusing direction.

I didn't realize you were taking claims and stuff, letting people pick whatever they want is a good idea. I didn't look close enough to see the claims list x_X. It's being somewhat overshadowed. as for recruiting, you have to ask people personally, but make sure the first post is organized in a really confident and easy-to-read way

I didn't realize you were taking claims and stuff, letting people pick whatever they want is a good idea. I didn't look close enough to see the claims list x_X. It's being somewhat overshadowed. as for recruiting, you have to ask people personally, but make sure the first post is organized in a really confident and easy-to-read way

Yeah I've been PMing left and right. Some take a long time to respond.

I think that the first post is as clear as crystal if you look at it. I made it very simplified and basic. All I need is a suitable banner as the one I have now is somewhat outdated.

I think that the first post is as clear as crystal if you look at it. I made it very simplified and basic. All I need is a suitable banner as the one I have now is somewhat outdated.
Did what I could to help at the time, sadly I'm not in a position to do so anymore. However, I'm glad you didn't gave up on that project, for it has a lot of potential ...I mean, come on people, it's Motoi-freaking-Sakuraba we're talking about here! :nicework:

However, you're gonna need to move mountains to get this show on the road. As I previously told you, it wouldn't hurt to gain the assistance of someone experienced to co-direct this beast. It's really a matter of getting the ball rolling and not dropping it halfway through, if possible. Lastly, and even though the play on words is justified in this case, you might wanna consider changing the album title, in light of some of the negative connotations that it carries. Your call though.

Good luck with this project SwordBreaker. :)

Did what I could to help at the time, sadly I'm not in a position to do so anymore. However, I'm glad you didn't gave up on that project, for it has a lot of potential ...I mean, come on people, it's Motoi-freaking-Sakuraba we're talking about here! :nicework:

However, you're gonna need to move mountains to get this show on the road. As I previously told you, it wouldn't hurt to gain the assistance of someone experienced to co-direct this beast. It's really a matter of getting the ball rolling and not dropping it halfway through, if possible. Lastly, and even though the play on words is justified in this case, you might wanna consider changing the album title, in light of some of the negative connotations that it carries. Your call though.

Good luck with this project SwordBreaker. :)

You helped a ton, man! Thanks so much for re-writing the main project concept and making those banners. I understand that there are so many projects going on here and so man veterans busy with things, so I guess this will have to stay on the backburner for awhile until we build up more interest and more people are free to contribute. As for the album title, if I think of a better one, we can definitely change it.

Are you just trying to contact people on here? Cause you may need to go to other places to get people to help.

Initially, I started off here...but then I started contacting people in Dwelling of Duels and YouTube. I actually got one guy from DoD who signed up but I haven't heard from him in awhile. I'll keep hunting around in other places though.