Share your OC remixes as Reason .rps files!

I remember a thread where someone was dicussing this idea, so let's just do it!

You'll need the 'Microlab Refill Pack 1' to get all the drum sounds!

Sonic 'Collision':

www.malcos.co.uk/Sonic_Final_Boss.rps

Ok, this one's not an OC mix, but nevertheless. It's a mix of a tune from Subterrania, the second stage, with the guy with the big head and you're on the rails...

www.malcos.co.uk/Sub.rps

Heheh, these will reveal just how lazy my production usually is compared to most Reason users! I don't use that many tracks.

Microlab Refill Pack 1 is a free download at: http://www.microlab.se/index2.html.

Hmm, I'll post a mix, too, even though I'm hardly an excellent remixer and I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who should use my work as a basis for their own.

The Wayfarer's Road is my OCR Idol Round 2 entry. There are a number of problems with the song in its current condition but I don't see myself redoing it for a while. Again, it's not an OC Remix but someone might check it out and see what kind of things can be done to it.

Edit: Malcos, wow, I didn't realise that some of your remixes didn't involve that many tracks at all. I'm going to have to check out some of the sequencing and stuff that you use there.

I have to confess that I like to see a lot of sample songs and all of that in the programs I use because it helps me get ideas, but even for things that are seen as generic or "staple" of whatever genre it is, I start to learn techniques and ideas. Still, there's definitely nothing like doing. Looking without trying anything yourself won't get you anywhere.

Hey, debeerguy here. I think is a great idea, putting OCR remixes made with Reason out there so others can see what you did to make it.

This can be used as a great learning experience for up and coming remixers using Reason and also at the same time you'll be able to protect your remixes from being tampered with by posting .rps files.

Plus it presents the opportunity of being able to render OCR remixes at 44100Hz 16bit audio quality. Always a plus :)

Unfornately I have yet to make a remix with Reason, so I guess I better get cracking. LOL

very cool

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I havnt got any songs that i'm happy with atm, but i was thinking of pushing up an orchestral template i'm working on. That way people can help me improve it! ^^ Geocities is the only place i got to host me too, so unreliability could be a problem...

If anyone else has any templates for drumsets, trance, etc, would here be a good place to place it, or better to make a new thread (i'd be more likely to put it here, this thread'l last longer... :P)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the legendaryness of Arcana, I have 2 songs up! http://arcana.serveftp.net/songs/v_gasm/

The first is Static Rave, which is up here to get a bit of help with. Its my first dance song in a long time, but i'm not happy with peices of it, mostly the lead synth and drums. The bass also seems pretty murky.

The next was my PRC v2-24 entry, a mix of River Stage from Penguin Adventure. I liked it, and i was thinking of subbmitting it. Feedback would be awesome here as well. The bass isnt as smooth as it should be because i kinda stole the sound outta a soundbank (analogue monsters 9). I havnt found anything else good in there, so i didnt want to make you download it....

Anyway... uhh... enjoy, i guess!

EDIT: thanks for the offer legion, but i dnt have FTP access, the only net access i have is at work, and thats majorly limited...

I just started using Reason about 2 weeks ago, so it'd be neat to see how people do things. I only have Reason 2.5 though, not 3.0 (I'll upgrade as soon as I can spare the cash).

Anyways, the song I'm working on right now is almost finished, and I use Reason through SONAR's ReWire DXi. So I'll put up the .rns file, but it'll be missing some of the instruments (guitars, drums, bass, etc.).

I just started using Reason about 2 weeks ago, so it'd be neat to see how people do things. I only have Reason 2.5 though, not 3.0 (I'll upgrade as soon as I can spare the cash).

Anyways, the song I'm working on right now is almost finished, and I use Reason through SONAR's ReWire DXi. So I'll put up the .rns file, but it'll be missing some of the instruments (guitars, drums, bass, etc.).

Yeah, when you get the cash for the upgrade, it'll be worth it. The Combinator device and the MClass plugins are very decent additions to Reason. And this is coming from a guy who uses FL Studio a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of help? Let us see! People could post their reason songs and ask for some help, and then we could edit it for em and send 'em back! :D

check 3-4 posts up.... I hope Arcana is still hosting... (yay he is!)

http://arcana.serveftp.net/songs/v_gasm/

Ive worked on Static Rave a bit more, but still not happy with the lead or bass really... I dont think i have the mindset for trance/dance-ish music, I'm ok with downtempo/chillout...

Hmmm i should probably try to get the rns files up, rather than the rps, might help for others manipulations...