OCR02381 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "elegy of the solipsist"

djpretzel

Yeah this song does have a great atmosphere to it. I love the jazzy piano work you do in all of your tracks, great stuff! This has a lot of similarities to the song 'fingerprints of the maker' from your 'in theory - singularity' album, which everyone should check out cause it's awesome. In fact this song feels like it would've fit in perfectly there.

Great work!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

this reply is unfashionably late, but i want to thank everyone for their kind words.

some of you have rightly identified the philosophical drive undergirding this track. awesome! for those philosophically inclined, there is really interesting work on this uncanny overlap between the concerns of meta-ethics/metaphysics and the ontology of music. an example: philosophers of music have essentially transposed moral platonism into the debate over the objective vs. subjective nature of musical semantics.

also, this seems to be the appropriate thread to bump to announce my new album, illuminate! it's fueled by the same inspiration that led to the creation of this remix, so hopefully most of you will dig it.

updates will be via my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/intheori

or the ocremix thead: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41517

and the first track off the album has already been released and can be copped here: http://tinyurl.com/illuminatepromo

This has a lot of similarities to the song 'fingerprints of the maker' from your 'in theory - singularity' album, which everyone should check out cause it's awesome. In fact this song feels like it would've fit in perfectly there.

a remastered, slightly reworked version of elegy of the solipsist will be on the album!

peace and thanks,

peter/melody/in theory

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It's simply one of the best exaples how to expand the 10-seconds source intro a solid song that doesn't bother you with repetition and that sounds totally like it was made with enormouse dose of care. The blend of soft piano, airy philosophical quotes and nice drums actually make this track an amazing piece of music. It actually reminds me of Ben Briggs' "Lucidic", though the approaches for tracks are really different Sick work.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02381 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "elegy of the solipsist"