OCR02502 - *YES* Final Fantasy 12 'RabaNasty'

OceansAndrew

Remixer name - Theory of N

Real name - Dustin Lagaly

userID - 19501

Game remixed: Final Fantasy XII

Songs remixed: Rabanastre Lowtown/Royal Capital Rabanastre City

Remix name: RabaNasty

Hey there. Don't mind me. Just brushing up on my killer studio chops.

MAGFest X, although sad that it's over, left me super motivated to make more remixes. The first of which, completed only one day after returning home, is this neato Rabanastre remix done in a much different style than the originals. As tedious as it was (I enter everything by hand/point and click since I don't own a keyboard), I had ton of fun making this song. Lots of synthy solos, chip interjections, and various random shimmery things. I hope you guys have as much fun listening as I had creating. Enjoy!

-ToN

Source 1

Source 2

• 1 month later...

I love the arrangement, compositionally. I think it was a bit dominated by a variety of somewhat plain sawtooths and though this was a stylistic choice I think the song could benefit from a broader sound palette. however, there was some pretty creative processing and manipulation of the synths, and good attention to space. all in all, I was digging this one, and any personal complaints I have with the mixing/instrumentation are outweighed by a crafty arrangement. nice work.

YES

Yar, that opening saw is dry, even with the touch of processing on it.. Once a soundscape fills in aroud it, it is much better, but the early bit was harsh. I would have duplicated the channel and had a touch of delay on the second channel, and used that for the intro part. Balance was overall solid and the instruments gelled.

The arrangement was very classy, with some funky swagger and some excellent ideas. Transitions were great, and the track clicked overall.

Very nice work, dude, this was great.

yes

I'm definitely with the rest of the judges here, I was a little nervous listening to the intro here. The super-dry synth wasn't really impressing me and I didn't really have high hopes for the rest of it.

However, once it kicked in I did a complete 180 on this track. You've got a lot of really lively melody lines dancing around each other and, despite working with some pretty basic, generic samples here, every synth has a lot of energy and life to it. This is how you do it when you're working with a basic sound pallet :-) Your use of fills and transitions is also really impressive here.

Totally digging this! Short, sweet, and on point.

YES