Black Materia: The Remixes - 1/31

MegaRan

What up y'all.... been away for some time, between touring and recording new music, but I'm back to let you guys know about the remixes to last year's Black Materia project that we're releasing on Tuesday, 1/31.

I listened to the people who asked that I add characters that I omitted, like Cait Sith (feat. Adam Warrock), Yuffie (see

) Vincent (feat. RoQy TyRaiD of Writer's Guild) and many more.

I even listened to the people who said certain songs were too short, so there's more of pretty much everything. Check out these preview videos, and even feel free to preorder. See you guys at PAX, or hopefully before, I'm starting a pretty big tour next month. More on that on my site.

I watch from a distance... and I like what I hear guys.. you inspire me in so many ways! Thank you and keep it up! :)!!

Black Materia: The Remixes Trailer #1

Black Materia: The Remixes Trailer #2

Free download of "Ninja Girl"

Pre-order link

If that's not enough, my partner K-Murdock is dropping "Hero Muzik," a tribute to what many people (even me deep down) consider to be the best FF, Final Fantasy 6 (3 US). He'll be releasing instrumental versions of each character theme. check those out!

http://neosonix.bandcamp.com/album/hero-muzik-vol-1

an

Nice! Definitely planning on picking this one up on 1/31. I really enjoyed the first one! I hope it includes an extended version of 'Cosmo Canyon' cause that song was great, but way to short (which I think I commented on in your forums back then :smile:). "Ninja Girl" is super-catchy too, nice work Ran!

Unrelated - but I noticed Ran's forum profile is not linked to his artist profile, maybe a mod can fix that?

Oh, hey, what a coincidence, I just got finished checking the album out, and I was wondering where I could state my thoughts, and here we are!

So, I like most of it, but some of the mixes didn't jive right with me. But I'll focus on what I really enjoyed, first. I'm not going to go on for TOO long, since I could probably write a three page review on it, but that's just because I'm wordy and, hell, no one would want to read that.

Adam Warrock has never disappointed me, and the Cait Sith track is no exception. In fact, out of the remixes, it MIGHT be my favorite.

"Return to Cosmo Canyon..." The old lyrics that Ranger did to the last "Cosmo Canyon" tracks seem to stand out here, for some reason. But it's all fine by the time Ran's lines hit in. Not a bad treatment for my favorite piece from the FFVII OST.

"Escape From Shinra Tower"... On one hand, it's FFVIII music on an FFVII album. On the other hand, it's on subject, it's one of my favorite bits from VIII, and it's really good. I definitely like it.

"Yuffie" WOULD be one of my faves, but Naomi's completely drowned out by the drums and base. I can barely understand her.

Out of the tracks that were heavily remixed, my favorite would be "The Turks." I like the beat and how well it meshes with the lyrics.

All in all, it's good, but I don't know if I'm going to buy it. I don't use Bandcamp often, hell, I bought Black Materia off of iTunes. But, you know what, I probably will. Partially because it's only five bucks (!!!) and I like supporting you as an artist, Ran. Hell, if I weren't a college student scraping money for next semester, I'd probably get the Special Edition or the USB. I'm greatly looking forward to your next project, especially if it's Final Fantasy related. Thanks for the tracks.