Interest in a Sonic Remix Competition?

SuperiorX

Awesome, thanks!

Pshhh, you don't need a headset! :razz: Mixing won't actually start till May 5th though. Recruitment will begin mid-April.

-_-" Great....I turn 18 on the 9th of May, and then I'm in the middle of a school term, so I won't exactly have TIME to remix anything. Not to mention I want to record and mix my original track. And I kinda do - I'm running ProTools 8 and an M-Box (as a guitarist/vocalist) so I can't be bothered wiring up my speakers to run through the M-Box, and I can't export sound while I'm working on it. Hence my requirement of a headset. Well, that and I don't want to ruin my brand new earbuds.

how do I officially sign up

this is me officially signing up for this thing

right now

Awesome! Well, in about 3 weeks I'll start an official compo thread in the Competitions sub-forum, then you can officially officially sign-up and make your picks. I'll PM everyone who said they were interested here as a reminder too. We'll have 2-3 weeks of recruitment there and then the compo will start May 5th. Until then, just think about what zone you want to remix I guess :-D

Awesome! Well, in about 3 weeks I'll start an official compo thread in the Competitions sub-forum, then you can officially officially sign-up and make your picks. I'll PM everyone who said they were interested here as a reminder too. We'll have 2-3 weeks of recruitment there and then the compo will start May 5th. Until then, just think about what zone you want to remix I guess :-D

*waiting face*

...hnngggggnnnnnnnnnnnn

So I was working on a list of games from which I'm going to allow people to pick zones from. I want to limit the choices to "core" Sonic platformer games and exclude any spinoff games (i.e. racing, fighting, puzzle, crossovers, etc.) This is what I've come up:

Sega Master System & Game Gear

• Sonic the Hedgehog (8-bit)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (8-bit)
  • Sonic Chaos
  • Sonic Triple Trouble

Sega Genesis & Sega CD/Sega Saturn

• Sonic 1
  • Sonic 2
  • Sonic 3
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis & Saturn versions)
  • Sonic CD (JP & US soundtracks)

Dreamcast

• Sonic Adventure
  • Sonic Adventure 2

Nintendo GBA/DS

• Sonic Advance
  • Sonic Advance 2
  • Sonic Advance 3
  • Sonic Rush
  • Sonic Rush Adventure

PS3/Xbox 360/Wii

• Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Sonic Colors
  • Sonic 4 - Episode 1

Did I forget anything big or am I overlooking anything? I assume most people are going to pick from the classic Genesis games anyway, so I'm thinking this is plenty.