Interest in a Sonic Remix Competition?

SuperiorX

Awesome, yeah the more the merrier! I just checked out some of your stuff on soundcloud too and it's pretty good. You should come around here more often! :-D

Why thank you!

As far as the restriction against non-platformers, I think I can live with that :P I'm a little bummed about not being able to do boss themes, but I think I'll survive.

Why thank you!

As far as the restriction against non-platformers, I think I can live with that :P I'm a little bummed about not being able to do boss themes, but I think I'll survive.

Yeah, I think the Zone themes will give us plenty to work with though. Plus, some of the boss themes are pretty similar.

And...

ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT UNTIL RECRUITMENT BEGINS!!!

WhAT DoEs THiS MEAN? AnD When Does this (and tournament)StaRT? :puppyeyes::puppyeyes::puppyeyes:

AnD wHy IS mY CaPs KEy NoT WOrkInG?? D=

Also, if you find yourself with too many competitors, SupX, I'd be good with dropping out and just helping behind the scenes with vote counting and brackets and stuff.

Also, if you find yourself with too many competitors, SupX, I'd be good with dropping out and just helping behind the scenes with vote counting and brackets and stuff.

Well ok, but we'll see. Hopefully everyone who wants to mix will get the chance!

You won't have to remind me. I'm all set and know my zone picks.

Awesome! Now I just gotta hope everyone doesn't pick the same few themes so we don't end up having to do a bunch of tiebreakers :)

Very cool- this'll be the first thing to get me to do some music in a while. I take it it's individuals, not teams, right? And it can just be any song from a Zone? What about voting / etc? Also, is this any Sonic game? The Adventure games have some awesome tracks I'd love to consider.

Very cool- this'll be the first thing to get me to do some music in a while. I take it it's individuals, not teams, right? And it can just be any song from a Zone? What about voting / etc? Also, is this any Sonic game? The Adventure games have some awesome tracks I'd love to consider.

Individual single-elimination tournament, yes. Any theme from a "zone'. No boss music, special stage, or title/menu screen music tho. And for games, any "core" Sonic platformer game (including the Adventure games yes) is allowed. Just none of the spinoff games, like puzzle, fighting, racing games etc. I posted a list somewhere in this thread... All these full details and more will be up in the first post of the Competitions thread come this Saturday.

People will vote in each bracket matchup. One week time period. Win and move on. Just look at any of Darke's Mega Man compos (other than the Wily one). This'll follow those compos general rules!

Hey there. I really want to give this a go.

Do we list what themes we're interested in taking?

If so, mine are as follows (in no order of preference):

'That's the Way I like it - Metal Harbor' - Sonic Adventure 2

'Won't Stop, Just Go - Green Forest' - Sonic Adventure 2

'Dragon's Lair' - Sonic and the Black Knight

'Let the Speed Mend it' - Sonic and the Secret Rings

'Aquarium Park' - Sonic Colors

'Seaside Hill' - Sonic Heroes

'Wave Ocean' - Sonic '06

'Angel Island Zone' - Sonic 3

'Hydrocity Zone' - Sonic 3

'Spagonia - Rooftop Run' - Sonic Unleashed (Balls to the wall yes)

I just realised that 90% of mine are super obscure choices. D:

Oh well.

I'm honestly not all that familiar with sonic music, at least other than remixes and some songs from 2 and 1.

I've been looking through a whole lot of youtube videos and man, this series has some fantastic songs that I didn't know of. Definitely going to be choosing something out of Sonic 2, though. Still my favorite out of the series.