OCR02384 - Zelda II "Heroes Fall"

djpretzel

This mix hit pretty close to home for me, especially after I read the inspiration. My family and I used to play Zelda games together, but my father wouldn't let me play Zelda II until I learned how to read. So I did.

The simplicity of it is almost overwhelming. Reminds me of what Square did with FFIX's opening theme. Can't get enough.

Excellent work.

Already listened to this through DoD. Is it me or does it sound cleaner from the DoD version? Either way, excellent stuff from house as usual. Zelda II's music is so underrated...I guess that's because Kondo didn't compose it. But it truly has some of the catchiest tunes in the series, and you managed to do it a lot to justice with those guitars. Glad you kept it simple. Drums would've killed the mood.

Its great to see house come back.

I love this, it doesn't go mental on the theme

As said before its very subtle

And from the inspiration for it you can hear the emotion behind it.

my condolences to you and your family,

If i loved this remix i'm sure you'r brother would of loved it even more.

Take care dude, keep being awesome

Wow, this mix really pulled me in right from the beginning. There's something I really love about simple guitar arrangements, for me it gives off this really close and intimate feel. This arrangement really capitalized on that sense, in a fantastic way. The electric guitar really surprised me in this, I thought it was going to completely overpower the other two guitars but it was blended in really well! I'm so used to hearing electric guitar as a big power lead, hearing it in a more subdued context was a great change of pace.

I loved this. Great job. :-)

The inspiration was memories of growing up with my two brothers. As there were three of us brothers, our adventures often occurred in trios. This song is dedicated with loving memory to my late older brother, Mikael Liss

Adventures are great in trios. I myself am a triplet, so I find myself spending much of my time figuring out what sort of stuff we can do together, especially since we each started going to college two years ago. Sometimes sad things happen in life, but that doesn't mean you can't do your best to acknowledge the good ones, as I feel you've done with this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*lays on picnic blanket* ahhhhh......

Lighthearted and perky yet still so relaxing. You did an awesome job painting a picture of Link in a field after finishing a quest relaxing with a guitar replaying the highlights of his adventure to himself. You really captured the simple appeal of NES games.

Keep at it!

• 1 year later...

Three guitars playing a simple strength of three, with three sources.......this screams triforce in the best of ways, which is a charming idea carried out very well. So relaxing and calming, and the combination of the three different kinds of guitars was fun to hear. Totally diggin' the creativity here.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02384 - Zelda II "Heroes Fall"