Rhythm Heaven Fever [Wii] February 13! $29.99!

ocre

New Rhythm Heaven game coming out for the Wii on February 13th(Ship date)! You pay $29.99!

From the makers of the WarioWare series and Rhythm Heaven on the Nintendo DS, comes this game where you play through 50 rhythm-based stages (each stage features some form of narrative or zany activity presented with catchy music and great visual style!) by keeping the beat of the catchy song and attempting as few mistakes as possible.

For those of you worried that this game might be hindered by questionable motion controls? Fear not! You input your beats with the A and B buttons exclusively!

Also, new to this game are some stages where 2 people can play!

February 13(ship date)! $29.99! No waggle! What's to think about?

Gameplay Video -NEW!-:

Gamexplain Video Review:

(this guy claims he is horrible at keeping a beat but still loves the game, so I imagine us music-afficionados will be far more adept at it! I've played and loved the original and I'm not a musician by any means)

Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_Heaven_Fever

Without knowing *much* japanese it was easy as hell to figure everything out

this is generally true of rhythm games

I mean I am pretty okay (for an american) at Taiko no Tatsujin and I can't even pick out a single kanji; I can complete most Oni level tracks but for the hardest 10's and have even gotten several full combos on 9's.

• 2 weeks later...

I got as far as you could get on the emulator set up I have. That's just a little past Remix 5. There are a few scenarios that are as memorable as the original DS ones like the monkey clock but I really enjoy the throwbacks like the pins and spinning squares and the date situation but instead of the potions you have the ball kicking.

Also I'm also kind of disappointed in the difficulty. Outside of emulator desync I've only been tripped up by the stupid fork challenge and the cellular swimmers cause I don't think they were very well conceived. Nothing's been particularly difficult to keep up with in a good way like marching in time or galactic soccer.

Biggest advice for the monkey clock: close your eyes. Actually that's the best solution for every issue you'll have with this game. It's all in the music.

Edit: Also I should note I'm playing the japanese version. I don't have a Wii or I would have totally picked this up.

Also also: Remix 3 is probably the best thing ever forever.

Also I'm also kind of disappointed in the difficulty. Outside of emulator desync I've only been tripped up by the stupid fork challenge and the cellular swimmers cause I don't think they were very well conceived. Nothing's been particularly difficult to keep up with in a good way like marching in time or galactic soccer.

I know you can play high-level DJ Max songs

this shouldn't have been a surprise

• 4 weeks later...
So I finally got around to getting the game and I'm absolutely enjoying it.

I pretty much like every rhythm game included, except for the Love Rap (the 'Fo sho!'s don't seem to be very accurately timed). My favorite one is probably the Tap Troupe one. :3

I thought they were saying "boat show".

That said I still haven't gotten past Monkey Watch. Goddamn thing only lets you miss like 10 times. Brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought this a couple weeks ago and made it all the way to the Love Rap in one sitting, getting medals on everything; but that damned song is a brick fucking wall to me, so I got the Japanese version to play instead.

I actually attempted to play the game using Dolphin before buying the game, but emulation is nowhere near tight enough for a rhythm game, and that is what gave me the impetus to finally hack my Wii.

a hacked Wii is a wondrous thing

• 3 months later...