Chicago OCR Meetup 2012

Obtuse

This is the first post for the Chicago meetup in 2012!

When : I'd like to do this in June when its nice and warm

Things people would like to do :

Eat at Giordono's is a must.

Hang out in the park

See a show?

Where to Stay?: Last year's Ft. Wayne meetup felt like it was over before it began. Lets grab a hotel for Friday and Saturday night and have some fun. Chicago residents, do you have any suggestions on where to stay. I'm assuming downtown chicago would be the most fun. I'm sure that hotel rates aren't cheap though.

Who's Going? :

Obtuse

Drew Gourley

Black Panther

Newt

Ectogemia (Probably)

CC Ricers (?)

Wildfire (?)

Disambiguity(?)

KieranCarden (?)

(Please post that you are planning on going and i'll ad you to the list)

This thread was created due to the response of this thread:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38586

I might pop in and say hello but I'll be starting rotations in the wards at that point so I have no idea about free time.

For places to stay look around Wacker and try the Club Quarters. They're pretty nice and reasonable last time I was there.

As for something you guys should definitely do look into going to Galloping Ghost for a day. (I'll probably end up joining you all for this part of it if at all.)

if you have a suggestion, please link to it so we don't have to go and search for it.

Galloping Ghost - Cool Arcade

Seems far away from downtown Chicago. We could take the train there probably.

Club Quarters seems like more a place for buisnuess types. At 167 for a room with a single queen size bed, I'm not willing to call that reasonable. We may need to just find a different part of the city to stay in and take the train downtown.

Also, keep an eye out on this VGL date for St, Charles (a bit outside of Chicago)

VGL

• 1 month later...

So is any kind of gathering happening at VGL? I'm in Chicago and would like to go but St Charles isn't easy to get to by bus/train. Anyone else around here going interested in a carpool or perhaps splitting a rental?

Yeah I was there and you're right it was great. Previous times I saw it was in larger venues, but the Arcada was a great smaller setting for the show. You had to judge by applause and I could tell you weren't too sure who to choose. So did you get a look at that link chick playing the flute? Was she as cute up close as she was from the back row?

Yeah I was there and you're right it was great. Previous times I saw it was in larger venues, but the Arcada was a great smaller setting for the show. You had to judge by applause and I could tell you weren't too sure who to choose. So did you get a look at that link chick playing the flute? Was she as cute up close as she was from the back row?

haha, indeed she was. I'd have picked her to win personally (her costume was fantastic), but I suppose Portal is a bit more relevant at the moment.. the portal chick's gun was pretty nifty though. I also got an great pic of the resident evil couple:

inHVp.jpg

inHVp