The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages: Tune of Currents

loony

"Oh boy, he's requesting a zelda remix, as if they haven't all been done by now..."

WAIIIIT !!! :lol:

If you're a fan, you'll know that the Tune of Currents is one of the melodies to change time, not a real song of the game, barely FOUR SECONDS LONG! ("oh boy, now caps lock..." :roll:) So it's a bit like remixing the song of storms or the requiem of time from OOT... except probably harder :)!!

The Tune of Currents is basically a song for the harp, in 5/4 (that's part of the challenge :lmassoff:), E flat (I think), 2 measures long, for 41 notes (double that if you consider the part in canon, 1/4 of a beat late)

You can listen to the original tune here:

http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/3/35/Tune_of_Currents.ogg

and download the midi there:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/A-tune2.mid

With the midi, I got the sheet using midinotate.

I'm just a leecher, who manages with a piano and a sheet, and I've never remixed/written anything by myself. But I've been a huge fan of your community since 4-5years (and a huge fan of VGM since I first saw my brothers play sonic on the megadrive 8-)) and I thought this would make for an interesting challenge :lol:

Oh, and obviously, since I asked for the remix, it's because I really love this song, and I would've never thought a 4sec-long music could be so amazing... But it could probably benefit from an increased length ^^

Message me if you want anything from me !! (like money :lmassoff:)

A million thanks anyways to all the community!!!... especially the remixers :)!!

There was an Oracle of Ages remix album a couple of years back.

And hey, if you scroll down to Bound Across Time on that page I just linked, you'll see that this song is remixed.

I know I know !! :) I was listening to this remix when I made my post :lmassoff:

I'm not complaining or anything, but the Tune of Currents is only heard once in Bound Across Time, with no arrangement of it (let alone my desired extension ^^), so I wouldn't call it a remix of the Tune of Currents

I hope I'm not sounding too greedy :roll: