PlayStation Vita

Newt

Got mine last month when Best Buy gave me a $60 gift card for purchasing one.

I guess most of them have OLED problems. Mine is kind of streaky and has blotches that show up on black screens. Reading online, I figure that just getting another one won't really help, so what I did was buy the two-year extended protection plan with accidental on PSN and I'll exchange it in three years when the tech is smoothed out a bit.

I absolutely adore Gravity Rush. If you have a Vita and have not yet gotten Gravity Rush, you are doing yourself a great disservice. I actually got my first platinum PSN trophy tonight for 100%ing it, that's how much I love it.

Edited by Gollgagh

• 2 months later...
Persona 4 Golden is released in just over two weeks, motherfuckers.

Who's getting it?

ME. Big time. So big time I pre-ordered physical on Amazon but may do the download version AS WELL just to ALWAYS have it installed. Never played P4 but JUST got into Persona series w/ P3P, playing on the Vita, and loved it. One of the few games I've played and beaten in the last... decade?

I think the Vita is the ideal portable gaming system in search of a library that truly capitalizes on it, but it's getting there. I'd rather play LBPV than almost any 3DS or DS game, personally.

WTF is Capcom thinking not having released an SSF4 port yet, instead focusing on all this VS. nonsense? :tomatoface:

Persona 4 Golden is released in just over two weeks, motherfuckers.

Who's getting it?

hnnnnnngggggggg..

so I recently got convinced to play persona 4. Absolutely LOVED it. Definitely in my top 5 of most favourite video games.

When I found out P4G was coming out I sort of... bought a Vita for it :3.

Ive been playing p3p until then. I must say. These persona games are some of the best games I have ever played, and I am excited as all hell for P4G.

I absolutely adore Gravity Rush. If you have a Vita and have not yet gotten Gravity Rush, you are doing yourself a great disservice. I actually got my first platinum PSN trophy tonight for 100%ing it, that's how much I love it.

Yea, this game is really, really impressive. One of the great standout titles for the vita. I was looking for some portable fun and ended up buying it to take to Florida with me on a whim, and I was completely hooked on the game most of the time I was down there, It's a really unique game, very challenging, and has surprisingly good characters.

I have yet to really get into persona, I'm too addicted to LoL+GW2 these days to really commit to a massive rpg, but I've always been curious. Where do you think would be a good place to start in the series?

All of the Persona games have a minimal amount of story overlap (excepting maybe P4:Arena), so in that regard you can start wherever you want. 3 and 4 are both fairly good places to start, actually. Persona 3 Portable also has improvements from the battle system in 4 that were not in the original PS2 release; and since you have a Vita, I would readily recommend it.

1 and 2 are very different beasts, and I would not really recommend them as starting places unless you're already familiar with other MegaTen titles.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my Persona 4 Solid Gold Premium edition today. Haven't fired up the game yet. The case is cool, but sorta bulky. It's not as form fitting as I was hoping. You need to use it with the Vita shell it comes with, and even then when it's closed the Vita has room to flop around inside horizontally. The Premium edition just comes with a normal retail box inside. I sold retail copy today on Amazon and downloaded it digitally. I don't see myself using the stickers or the skin it came with.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Who else got the Vita bunduru during Black Friday?

Came with Walking Dead, Retro City Rampage, Uncharted, and Sly Cooper. The only one I have played before is Walking Dead, but I look forward to playing again and making the opposite decisions than I did on PC. I'm going to be Jerk Lee.

I've never played a Sly Cooper game before, and Uncharted on Vita... is supposed to be good but maybe it's poop? I guess I'll find out. Now that I've got that on the way I feel like I need to finish it before I can play Uncharted 3.

Any other gems on the Vita? RPGs maybe? I know it has a ridiculous number of games now. I've got a bunch of them through PS+ but no RPGs. Can my PS1 classics play on it?

Any other gems on the Vita? RPGs maybe? I know it has a ridiculous number of games now. I've got a bunch of them through PS+ but no RPGs. Can my PS1 classics play on it?

Gravity Rush, try out the demo at least

Persona 4 Golden for an RPG

all PSN PS1 games can be played on the Vita afaik

I bought the Vita bundle on Black Friday as well, it arrived in the mail yesterday. I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet. I did buy Persona 4 Golden for half price at the time since it is still the only real reason I ever wanted a Vita in the first place. And yes, PSone classics can be downloaded to the Vita, as well as some PSP titles I think, if you're willing to buy them over again in digital form. I'll have to double check to see if that's accurate or not.

I am interested in checking out The Walking Dead after all the praise the game has been getting. Never played Sly Cooper or Uncharted before but I'm sure I'll get to them eventually. But not before Persona 4 Golden.

For anyone who's getting/just got a Vita and never owned a PSP, there are a TON of great PSP games you should try, which look pretty great on the Vita's screen.

For starters, I actually think I liked Persona 3 Portable a little BETTER than P4G, and either way, if you like the series, it's a must.

If you're into strategy RPGs, you absolutely MUST play Jeanne D'Arc... one of my favorite handheld games EVER, HIGHLY recommended, Brandon I think you'd like it...

Right now I'm playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, which is a REALLY old school/classic JRPG that has great writing/plot.

Seriously, the PSP was an AMAZING system for RPGs, and most of that is available on the Vita, so don't limit yourself just to Vita games!!

Vita is a beautiful handheld system, a pity there are literally no games that interest me. Don't feel like rebuying all my psp games, either.

If you're into strategy RPGs, you absolutely MUST play Jeanne D'Arc... one of my favorite handheld games EVER

I just finished Jeanne D'Arc recently. Well almost finished it, I couldn't beat the final boss. A bizarre ramp up in difficulty of an otherwise pretty easy game. Yeah it's a great game. There are a number of awesome turn-based strategy games for PSP - Jeanne D'Arc, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.

Edited by Argle

oh also Muramasa Rebirth if you haven't played it to death on Wii yet

DJ MAX Technika Tune is a good rhythm game from one of my favorite series

I might suggest Project DIVA ƒ as well, if you're into importing (I might be slightly biased; see: my sig)

avoid Ridge Racer Vita though, it's a glorified, over-priced demo

There are a number of awesome turn-based strategy games for PSP - Jeanne D'Arc, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.

Also the remakes of Disgaea and Disgaea 2 on the PSP (and Disgaea 3 on the Vita).

I highly recommend Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Never played any of the original ones, but I loved this. Also making my way through Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Another good game; gotta love a caper movie turned into a game.

I played some Uncharted: Golden Abyss, just the first chapter, and I'm going to end up replaying it because of the hidden treasures. -_- I'm actually going to try to collect everything this time, and will probably end up using a collectible guide for it. I haven't done that in years. Apart from that... it's pretty awesome! The touch controls for melee fighting are stupid but most of the other stuff seems great. Aiming by tilting the Vita is superb.

Sine Mora is amazing. Reminds me of Zero Wing but of course, it's modern. Cool Japanese voiceover that I don't understand at all. I like that I can take some hits and don't get a game over, I just lose some time on the timer. Pretty good game, nice graphics on all of these. It's a good contrast from the cartoonier graphics of the 3DS. :-)

If you're into strategy RPGs, you absolutely MUST play Jeanne D'Arc... one of my favorite handheld games EVER, HIGHLY recommended, Brandon I think you'd like it...

I actually passed on Jeanne D'Arc because I saw that it was one of those isometric tile-based games. I have played those in the past, like Front Mission 4 and of course FF Tactics and FFT Advanced... but I never really liked it. I played them because I got them, as a kid (meaning my mom bought them for me) and I would always play any games I got just out of guilt. I actually remember really enjoying both of those games but it's hard to get past the psychological and emotional trauma of playing isometric strategy games. I may take your advice and check it out though, especially since I've got a $10 credit on PSN..

What kind of RPG is Persona 4? It's not a card-based battle game or something is it? :tomatoface: