PlayStation Vita

Newt

I got mine on Monday. I poo-pooed handhelds for a while, but this is a massive step up from the PSP. I'm playing Xenogears right now, but I hope to actually play some PSV games soon - I got the package that came with the Amazon bundle, so Sly cooper/uncharted etc are waiting for me. I'm more interested in getting back into RPGs though, since they seem to be exclusive to handhelds nowadays.

yup! I just bought Persona PSP and it's now on my PSV. I'm not sure if the whole catalog is available though.

There are some games you could buy through the PlayStation Store on the PSP that you can't play on the PS Vita, though not many. DLC is another story; I have DLC for a few PSP games and none of them work. I've heard of tricks involving downloading the DLC on a PS3 and transferring it over, but that doesn't help me since I don't have one. If I were you, I'd only buy PSP games from your Vita now; that way, you know it'll be compatible.

Also, any game on UMD only obviously won't work on Vita, and there are enough of those, mostly older games, before the PlayStation Store really took off.

I hope it's not like a defective port or something though. Cause then if you buy a bigger card, and it still doesn't work, then you're pretty well in trouble. I don't even know how returns or exchanges work with Amazon, or even if you can exchange. It might just be a return, then you'd be stuck having to either pay full price for another one, and the deal itself is probably gone. Uhh, well let us know how the new card works out!

I bought an 8GB memory card with my Vita bundle but I haven't opened it or attempted to download any games yet as Persona 4 Golden remains Vita priority one for me. I get the feeling I'll be lucky if between the 4GB card the Vita came with and the 8GB card I bought I'll have enough room for the games in the bundle. If Sony's going to push digital media so heavily and have the newer games take up so much space, they should start making the lowest card size be 8GB or so and adjust the prices accordingly. I know not all games are 4+GB in size and I'm sure you can squeeze a few PSone classics into 4GB just fine. It just seems like a better approach.

I snagged a 32 GB card afterwards - I didn't realize how pitifully small the 4 GB card was that the Vita came with was going to be. In fact, I wasn't expecting for that crap.

But...I'm kinda amazed by the selection of titles on the PS Store. Sony really did a piss poor job marketing the handheld so far.

I'm running out of space on my 32 and waiting for the 64 to come out stateside. :(