OCR00464 - Mega Man 3 "Blue Lightning"

Ginnsu

This is just....fscking awesome. I always enjoyed the MM3 intro tune, but this is just great. I know it says it's only 96kbps....but dammit, it doesn't sound it! This proves that just because a track is low quality doesn't mean it's low quality....gotta get myself the higher bitrate version though....I mean, if this is awesome, the other one will probably leave me speechless (it has happened before).

• 5 months later...

Hey Dan,

--was listening to a bunch of the MM remixes after downloading all 1200+ songs and this is definitely one of my favorites! Keep it up! The mood of the piece is just indescribable; so very emotive. Thanks so much for making this

• 2 months later...

It definitely screams MegaMan.

I wish that this was the menu music in the game, to be honest.As was said earlier, it is very emotive. Great job Dan. This is probably my second favorite of your mixes. We do need to get a higher bitrate version though..

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Iam not one for Techno styled remixes but this one captured me in the opening with its own interesting sounds and take on the original tune, Your remix has captured me and Iam sure will capture anyone else who gives it a chance, Dont stop remixing. Keep your own style and dont be afraid to upload it! Very well done I can only hope to hear more great remixes from you.

• 4 months later...
I'm actually kind of flattered. You have one post count and it's for a positive review of my song. Really. (For once, I'm not being sarcastic here). Anyway, There's an update available at:

http://jonx.net/~discodan/misc/updates/Megaman%203%20-%20Intro%20-%20Blue%20Lightning.mp3

Dig.

Thanks for the compliments.

DC

I noticed that a higher bitrate version of the DKC Riptide ReMix was made available from your site and my first thought was "Oh it sure would be nice to have a higher quality version of Blue Lightning!" So I came here to see if such a thing exists, and lo and behold... it apparently did. But alas this link doesn't work anymore. :sad:

Any chance you could post a higher bitrate version again? Please? :smile:

(I realize this could have been made a PM but I figured that there could easily be others who would want a quality upgrade on this CLASSIC ReMix, so I figured a post in this thread would be more appropriate.)

Cheers,

Ken

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Email Disco Dan. His contact information is right on his ReMixer page and forum profile. Barring that, find the contact info of herograw and Ramanisence on the boards and ask either of them if they might have it.

Hah, email - who knew?? I will try that.

Thanks for the tip and I know I was probably coming across as well... :whatevaa: But yeah, I DO appreciate the patience!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a while when I last stopped on this site. I have 4gees of OC in my hard drive so there hasn't been major reason to! Now I'm here and I noticed that once again I'm sipping dark Eastern European beers and enjoying this tune (about 4 times in a row).

This brings some memories from summer of 2007. I got my first job that fits to my education from downtown of Helsinki. Every now and then I took my bike and ride it to work. I usually put this song on from my MP3 player and tested if I'm able to ride across 9:00 AM Helsinki crosstown traffic to office during the duration of BlueLightning. Usually I made it, thanks to versatility of bike in big cities, you can be a "car" or a "pedestrian". There were CLOSE calls, because you didn't care much about other traffic when this tune was pumping through your skull.

The Classic for me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00464 - Mega Man 3 "Blue Lightning"