Song Of Storms (Super Beat Bros Remix)

Super Beat Bros

I really like the rhythm of the...er, rhythm. Also, the combo of that pad and the guitars is pretty cool.

I think the drum stop at :46 needs to have something on the downbeat of 1, or something on the the upbeat of 4; it feels like it just gave up for a measure. It either needs to leave something or pick up something.

I think the hi-hat should have come in earlier.

It feels limited in it's ability. This song COULD become something really cool/experimental, but right now it seems bare minimum. You've only got two minutes here, spread out, have that guitar at the end do a solo or a super cool drum part. Outside of the beginning, you don't really change the progression of the source much. Changing the rhythm is nice, but I need to detach myself from constantly thinking "this is Song of Storms" and start thinking "this is a cool song."

Vary the drums. It lacks variety. I just kinda forget the drums every once in a while. Don't let me.

All that was typed as I listened to it. And believe me, I liked it. But it's not fulfilling it's potential.

Love the reply man great feedback and i agree with everything you said. im thinking of returning to it possibly to give it more life and i'll keep all your suggestions in consideration. really appreciate you going out of your way to break it down like that.

teaser! next remix is from Mega Man and its shaping up nicely! would love game suggestions from anybody out there!

0:06-0:23 is well written, I like the 1:39-end part as well, and there's some nice ideas elsewhere. Cool ideas behind the sound design... but it sounds terrible. The guitars are especially bad (fake guitars usually are). Keep making stuff, work on the sound. I have a feeling you'll do some impressive stuff once you get over the production hurdles.

Not having real guitars is not an excuse for using terrible fake ones. There's techniques to make a fake guitar sound better, eg using amp sims and better samples, humanization, deliberately fake sound design, etc..

And stop posting your stuff in Community. It's one thing if you don't know where your mixes should go and missed the Rules for Posting Music in Community, it's another when you're spamming multiple boards with the same stuff just to get views.