Mass Effect 3: Every Dialog Choice Can Be Answered with "Charge"

JackKieser

I did a vanguard on insanity and had no one die on the suicide mission.

ya'll babies

same, with a soldier. it just took a long, long time. the game does not shine as a shooter on the highest difficulties, as even with the most shields and the 50% damage reduction from adrenaline rush, you still melt in a second or two under combined fire and spend most of the missions with pulsing red at the corner of your monitor. the bad animations and glitchy cover mechanisms really stick out, and the fact that you get through most sections only by getting a zillion headshots with the Widow in a row is not a positive.

does anyone have a list of powers and abilities for all classes? if we can change classes, and we can only hold two guns, i'm doing it - the main reason soldier is boss for ME2 is because you always had five guns to use.

The only person I could see you accidentally letting die is your yeoman because if you accidentally did the story progression mission they were captured and if you took any time to finish any loyalty missions you missed then she dies.

Also some people are just bad at games. :shrug: Not everyone takes the time to think while they play and that's fine too.

On my very first run, I let my entire crew die (minus Doc Chakwas obv) to do the loyalty missions because I jumped on the Reaper IFF mission (and didn't look up what would happen), but still wanted to do the loyalty missions.

Pretty much the same here. I went in without guides, and boy did that take me by surprise. And, quite honestly, it was way better that way, and made that part all-the-more potent.

i honestly don't understand how people had characters die. if you did the loyalty missions, and you weren't stupid about who went where, it's easy to prevent it.

There's a certain mission where, once you do it, you get Legion and can only do one more mission before all the shit goes down. In order to get full loyalty with everyone, you have to do all the loyalty missions you can before that mission, and then once you get Legion, you immediately do his loyalty mission (his is the last one you have to do). Right after that, you have to go save everyone. If you wait any longer, people get turned into goo and you can't do loyalty missions anymore.

You probably just did the missions in the right order every time you played it, which is a pretty easy to thing to do, but also a pretty easy thing to mess up, given that usually games with an open "choose your destination" model generally don't put a time crunch on the player without making it explicit.

I was watching the live stream from the LA launch party, and after that ended the BioWare Pulse thing started up and they actually went over that. Apparently the sound designer sampled an anti-bear trash can to get that sound. They didn't really get into the specifics of how the sound was made but still it was awesome to get a glimpse into the process.

HOLY CRAP IT IS HERE

There's a certain mission where, once you do it, you get Legion and can only do one more mission before all the shit goes down. In order to get full loyalty with everyone, you have to do all the loyalty missions you can before that mission, and then once you get Legion, you immediately do his loyalty mission (his is the last one you have to do). Right after that, you have to go save everyone. If you wait any longer, people get turned into goo and you can't do loyalty missions anymore.

You probably just did the missions in the right order every time you played it, which is a pretty easy to thing to do, but also a pretty easy thing to mess up, given that usually games with an open "choose your destination" model generally don't put a time crunch on the player without making it explicit.

i always did every single optional mission before any storylines, which while it made it easy to keep everyone alive, it meant i didn't get all of legion's commentary and had to watch it on youtube. i guess i thought everyone would do the optionals first every time.

i have it for 360, and i'll play with anyone who wants to...once i'm mostly done with the campaign. sorry zeklan, i know you asked like six times last night, but i was busy shunning liara and hitting on EDI and enjoying the much tighter and more entertaining gameplay (read: it's actually almost a shooter now) and didn't care about interacting with real hoomans.

Why is that?

Confirmed during the multiplayer demo.

Depending on the phase...indoctrination pods drop...stay too near those you cant recognize friend from foe...oh and friendly fire gets turned on if it isn't already.

So yeah...wipe out your whole team without realizing it. ONLY happens so far when the player who DIDNT destroy the base HOSTS. That i know of so far anyway.

nope, every bit as choppy as full resolution

Also, what I mean by choppy is that every five seconds or so, the video stops for about a second while the audio sort of keeps going, so by the first time you see Anderson in the intro, the video is behind the sound by a good ten seconds. (and that's besides just making it plain unplayable)

I've updated my CCC to 12.2 (I have a single HD4870) and rechecked the integrity of the installation but nothing's different.

edit: hard reboot fixed it

Bloody hell, some of the Renegade moments in this game are brutal.

Anyone not playing Paragon had better brace themselves. If you thought you were being an asshole before, wow. Props to Bioware for pulling off some hard-hitting scenes and making you feel those big decisions.