OCR02388 - Final Fantasy VI "Prancing Dad"

djpretzel

Another vote for "good thing the lyrics aren't noticeable". I don't have to worry about playing this around my one-year-old. I'm curious; where are the lyrics in the song?

Love the little nods to other songs; I'm disappointed I missed the Black Light Machine one though. I love Frost*! I knew it sounded familiar, butI couldn't place it.

Edited by Kanthos

This is the best remixes of 2012 (so far) I thought that only sixtoSounds could make epic music like this!

Seriously... Epic Medley, Epic Play. This guy is very very talented! Good use of Petrucci influence.

*Tips: Make an album and ill buy it 5 times!*

Thanks for making such good music!

Edited by Mullion
New comment, old one was not well-written

Uh. Wow. Not much I can say other than this is truly epic (and I hate to use that word), and I really enjoyed listening to it (on my 2nd playthrough now). I love long prog rock stuff, so this is right up my alley.

Btw add another one for "I didn't notice any language."

EDIT: I think it's time I actually listen through the original Dancing Mad. :P

I know what you mean - this truly epic. Not epic like the internet meme, but epic like Homer's Iliad.

• 4 weeks later...

... ow, wow, and ow... this awesome mix leaves you feeling beaten and violated, but in a way that makes you want more.

The energy and raw power of this mix just floors me, I actually had to wait a little to do this write up, so that my thoughts were coherent.

I can hear the One Winged Angel and I can hear the lyrics (note: they are the choir) and they were used to excellent effect to prevent them from being noticeable.

Now if you don't mind, I have to find my balls.

Edited by Daemos
I'm a moron

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A rousing ballad that wraps us in the unctuous coilings of heavy metal, it is a journey across the immeasurable reaches of space and time, glorying in the vastness of subatomic particles, the scant span between stars, an eternity found in a moment, aeons passed in a mere twelve minutes. You will laugh, you will cry, and maybe... just maybe... you'll learn a little about yourself.

What is all this hokey pokey about the length of the song? The original dancing mad song is lengthy as well.

Dancing Mad and One Winged Angel should never be mixed, EVER!

In the beginning starting just after 00:40, I honestly feel like I'm listening to 2 songs overlapping. I know remixes do this, but they don't sound in harmony.

5:40 starts to sound okay, 6:16 sounds awesome, 7:36: yes, 9:14 sounds hilarious like good ol' Kefka.

The original Dancing Mad, especially played by the Black Mages, as well as the orchestral remix by Derek Oren & Jeremy Robson were beautiful, and leave high standards for remixing this video game master piece.

"Sephy Sephy Sephyroooth" should never, ever, be spilled in anything Kefka related!

The original Dancing Mad melody sounds cool, especially around 6:13 just before the Sephyroth nonsense, but there's too much overlap in music for me to enjoy this.

Edited by CycloneX

• 6 months later...

Good god, a combination of two of the most evil themes from FF villains in a dark metalistic show of rock talent, while taking jabs at Snappleman with lyrics that you can barely hear, making it safe for when you need it to be? What doesn't this ReMix have!? What I love about this ReMix besides the obvious is how it transitions between different sounding sections, like how the area around 4:40 sounds much different in arrangement than towards the end around 7:00, keeping it fresh all the way to the eleventh minute and ending. This screams epic final boss, filling all with dread. Nice work PoD.

• 2 months later...

Totally just got the head nod to The Divine Wings of Tragedy. Well played, sir. Well played.

Dancing Mad and One Winged Angel should never be mixed, EVER!

"Sephy Sephy Sephyroooth" should never, ever, be spilled in anything Kefka related!

Also, these are the dumbest reasons I've ever heard for not liking a remix, especially one as awesome as this one.

Edited by XPRTNovice

• 6 months later...

My hair is standing on end from listening to this 17 times in a row. Actually, it was standing on end about a third of the way through the first time, but the remaining 16 2/3 times just hammered it in. I feel like I've got six characters in my party, and one of them is Bahamut.

It's like someone projected the glow Mahler's 8th symphony through Dancing Mad, and this is what came out.

• 8 months later...

This is ... AMAZING! I love how you incorporated Dream Theater style soloing and "One Winged Angel" (particularly the chanting) into "Dancing Mad". "Dancing Mad" by itself is awesome enough but you took it to a new level. This is definitely one of the best remixes I've heard on the site. Well done (to say the least).

• 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02388 - Final Fantasy VI "Prancing Dad"