OCR02390 - Final Fantasy VII "Sephiroth's Deliverance"

djpretzel

I'm a bit iffy on this one for a few reasons. I'm just not sure the synthesizer bits really fit well with the full-on heavy metal direction you were going for. If you're looking for examples of what may work better, Check Artificial Fear(Either YouTube or just Google it) for his ff7 songs. It's a good song, and you don't often get heavy metal medleys that often. It just would've been nice with a little less synth and a few more guitar solos. Pretty nice.

• 1 month later...

This is not a bad mix, the main theme fits well, and most of the songs used also fit well with the style.

But the whole song sounds like each section was forced.. they all sound good a metal renditions, but not good "together" and J.E.N.O.V.A. does not fit at all really. If you were to take each one of these songs and mix it as a separate son, it would be bad ass. Unfortunately they don't play well with others.

• 3 months later...

I remember this song from DoD - it was a nice kickoff to the DoD MAGFest 8 listening party. This version is a much polished version of that entry, which I'm glad Skummel went back and retooled some.

It flows pretty well, with my main complaint being that towards the end the song sounds a little on the weaker side. I think a buildup with something bigger would have been more appropriate to go out with a bang, but what's there isn't bad. Perhaps it's more of a personal gripe.

Great job!

• 9 months later...

The sources that were mixed here were tackled alright in my opinion, and the combinations seemed to work out, but I would have to say that the opening is what worked the best with the bells cutting to the metal. The mix had a great arrangement, good energy and you had enough variation to keep things interesting. Good addition to FF7's library of ReMixes.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02390 - Final Fantasy VII "Sephiroth's Deliverance"