Pokémon Nuzlocke

Overdriven

Question about Rule #1:

If you accidentally defeat the first Pokemon you encounter in an area, are you allowed to catch the next one of that type you encounter? Or did you totally blow your chance and have to leave that area empty-handed? Also, what defines an "area"?

(I haven't played a Pokemon game since the original Blue, and that was at release.)

Question about Rule #1:

If you accidentally defeat the first Pokemon you encounter in an area, are you allowed to catch the next one of that type you encounter? Or did you totally blow your chance and have to leave that area empty-handed? Also, what defines an "area"?

(I haven't played a Pokemon game since the original Blue, and that was at release.)

Area = Route, Sea Route, Fishing location, or if possible, City (but I let pokemon that are given to you in game-script auto-join the party or be released.

Question about Rule #1:

If you defeat or run from the first one you encounter, you blew it.

The newer Pokemon games make it easy to define an 'area', each time you enter a new one, a nameplate pops up telling you the name of it. For Red/Blue, well, it's any area with a different name on your town map.

Some areas, you have to make your own judgement calls on. Some people see a cave as one large area, and some see each floor as an area.

So, things so far:

Ralts is no longer a Ralts. Ralts is now Kirlia.

Combusken kicks ass.

Aron! w00t!

Two gym badges. Trying to ready myself for Wattson. Grinding Aron's levels until he learns some better ground-type moves......

No deaths yet.

YET. I'm praying to God after that last battle against May..........Nearly lost half my team........